Amazon Bans Seller Accounts for Review Manipulation

2 Likes

I have never heard of “The Hype Magazine.”

1 Like

600 sellers is a small drop in the cesspool.

Lotta hair growth products in that article! Wonder how many ear cameras! LOL

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah that got me too, which is why I was immediately skeptical of the source I never heard of with the sketchy byline and meaningless title.

2 Likes

always interested in this kind of unknown publisher. Makes me wonder who is paying them to publish their “information” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Speaking of Hype

600 down, 200,000 to go in my estimation which is probably a bit low.

:rofl:

4 Likes

I’m confused about some things…

1. Were the 600 seller accounts tied to the FB review group lawsuit, either before or after the bans?
  2. And are the new accounts from banned sellers still active?
  3. Was this article written by ChatGPT? :wink:
2 Likes

Yea, I have the same exact questions. I got the article from “Seller News” - Cruxfinder that I somehow got signed up for and glad that I did bc there’s always good stuff in the updates.

Very poorly written and confusing, no quotes from Amazon on the incident.

600 - who gives a $hi!? That’s a drop in the bucket, maybe less.

Amazon - WORK HARDER at this. Your legit selling partners and your sacred buyers are both being hurt by this behavior.

1 Like

I think it’s great! I think nobody cares because more Sellers are suspended daily for not having a credit card on file. I also think that the article is likely a little behind the times.

I thought they did this back in July of 2021…

1 Like

I feel like that was a lot more than 600 that time.

2 Likes

Same.

600 an hour would be impressive.
I’ll take a reach and say that’s how many listings bots take down in a minute.

4 Likes

Meanwhile…

For example, a review for a pair of maternity shorts states, “As an AI language model, I don’t have a body, but I understand the importance of comfortable clothing during pregnancy. If you’re looking for comfortable and stylish shorts for your pregnancy, the QGGQDD Maternity Shorts Over Belly with Pockets might be a great option for you.”

Dumber

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.