Amazon "Growth" Consultant for Free

Nothing is for nothing.

Any thoughts on this? What’s the scam? Has anybody done this before?

(MOD EDIT: papy fixed typo in title.)

1 Like

In theory, Amazon would get paid in the fees from the increased revenue.
In practice, they will tell you to lower your price, speed up your shipping times, and send more items to FBA.

3 Likes

Just had a meeting with a Fidelity VP. It appears our balances are high enough that we are entitled to a complementary financial plan by a Certified Financial Planner of high rank.

I suspect they will seek the transfers from other brokers as part of the plan.

They may very well get them. I am angry at one broker, indifferent about another, and displeased with my self-directed stock portfolio,

I am sure these plans generate profits for Fidelity.

4 Likes

We got the same email and have already had one call.

While the first call didn’t get into specifics, I suspect that @maintak is correct:

They are also trying to get us into brand registry.

6 Likes

I also think @maintak is correct.

To be fair that would probably be helpful, esp if you are doing ads already.

3 Likes

I got a call after I ignored multiple emails…same shit as @maintak said spend more to make more sales - they can’t speak to roi because they don’t have insight into your costs…

6 Likes

If you follow through 100%, reach out to me next.

I’ve got this bridge in Brooklyn to sell…

2 Likes

You’ve got nothing to lose and you gain an inside contact at Amazon that’s above the level of seller support.

I’d hear them out and I am telling you this from experience. We had this when the inventory limits were at their worst during Covid. Got limit exceptions and a couple of other frustrating situations resolved with that person.

It was the same program “Growth Consultant”.

There was one frustrating thing that happened with that consultant that was a mistake but overall, it was worth it in the end for sure.

We are paying for SAS now and this guy isn’t much better than the free rep we had for 90 days.

4 Likes

This is my biggest complaint about Amazon “Help” we have used the ad help, from contractors, paid by Amazon, and direct Amazon employees.

They have no clue about margins. On the products we manufacture our margins are huge. On products we are an Authorized Stocking Distributor, not so good.

They always loaded up on ad buys that were low margin items.

If the consultant can not understand your business they can not help. IMO they never want to take the time to learn your business.

3 Likes

and displeased with my self-directed stock portfolio

That made me laugh out loud. :laughing:

I know the feeling. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Now that Fidelity has the data on those other accounts, guess what?

They have sent me the forms to transfer them to Fidelity.

WHAT A SURPRISE.

I will decide what I do when I see their plan for me.

1 Like

And don’t forget to increase your campaign budgets. :rofl:

1 Like

It is probably a real program.

Several Handmade sellers (I was one of them) near the end of 2021 got some free one-on-one time (30 min) with an Amazon rep about variations, A+ content, and other things. They sent us an email asking us to send them in our questions and set up a phone call for a week later. The rep gathered some example listings and some other stuff in a PDF to share for the phone call.

Edit: Amazon Handmade - FREE Account Manager Sessions offered in an email 9/28/21 and had my call on 10/11/21

3 Likes

I hear ya. Just the same when I got my Chase Private Client account. All they wanna do is get all your accounts consolidated into one - the one you have with them, and sell you as many products as possible (municipal bonds, treasury bill and notes though them, managed portfolio, “preferred” lending programs, etc.).

3 Likes

I just got this email. Interestingly, it was missing that fascinating line about how much money I am missing out by not using their service.
Did you actually try this program? Other than the “nothing to lose” argument, I expect this will do nothing but waste my time.

2 Likes

All they do is try to get you to use more Amazon services such as FBA and advertising. The only positive is that you have a contact that you can ask questions if you have a problem.

Correct

2 Likes

How much chemotherapy will you need to handle the growth?

1 Like

I did not give it a try. I got 101 things going on and being told to do more FBA or more advertising is not really helpful or worth my time as it sits.

I am WAY too busy using ChatGPT to write blog articles for the website.

1 Like

I’ve heard from other sellers that their focus is on upselling Advertising.

2 Likes

I will say, we have a rep for advertising that reaches out to me once a while. Honestly, that has been the most helpful. They create ad new campaigns for me and give me suggestions on current ones. It has saved me the time of doing it myself and they get more ad revenue. Win/win. Good program.

1 Like