Amazon Now Showing Units Sold to Buyers

On Desktop - Units Sold Past Week
On Mobile - Units Sold Past Month

2 Likes

I heard that was coming. It is not showing on my grocery listings yet.

Anyone remember the stats on mobile purchase vs desktop purchase?

Or was it people search on mobile > and finish on desktop?

Can’t remember

We saw it on a couple of our items … will be interesting to see if it causes any bump in sales.

1 Like

I suspect it will help items that make the cut “100 units or more a week” and hurt those items that don’t sell enough to display.

Launching a new item on Amazon just got a little harder…

1 Like

Just checked it again … our category actually show it as “xxx viewed this week” … so they are trying out different formats … A / B / C type testing … which in the view case, 50 might be the line to beat

1 Like

Well the view case is tricky right because that pushes ad spend for views - ugh

1 Like

I saw this a while back, but then noticed for my own items it was wildly inaccurate.

2 Likes

Recent statistics indicate that 80% of all online shoppers start browsing for the products they need or desire on mobile first. Furthermore, 67% of those online shoppers finish purchasing these products on desktop. – PPC Entourage

– Statista

3 Likes

To which we have noticed a definite up tick in clicks (ad $$$ up) this past month …

Agree … as is some of the other little snips showing … we have one item that shows a size 9 but doesn’t come in a size 9 ( the 9 comes from the MFG / SKU number) …

@SawleMill … the next question would be how the age group drives those numbers …

For me the impression count has nearly tripled which is insane!

1 Like

The best answer I have is… the typical Amazon customer, a college-educated married woman in the Southeast earning $80,000.

eight out of 10 US shoppers are Amazon customers, according to data from the analytics firm Numerator prepared for Insider. Numerator found that Amazon’s typical shopper is a college-educated, white married woman, and split across two age brackets: 35 to 44 and 55 to 64. She typically lives in the Southeast, does not have children, and earns more than $80,000 per year.

Amazon has the third-highest customer loyalty after Walmart and Target among the major brands surveyed, with nearly 89% of its 2021 shoppers returning in 2022. – Insider Feb 2023

Amazon Prime usage penetration among internet users in the United States as of June 2022, by age group

– Statista

1 Like