Amazon Shipping Service

So… just received the email from Amazon detailing the Amazon Shipping service - touting on-time ground shipping service 7 days a week. Available for “your website, Amazon.com and more…”

Wondered what everyone was thinking about the service.

Is that the same a Veeqo?

clueless am I

Wondered what everyone was thinking about the service.

If Amazon’s in charge of it, they’re bound to screw it up. I wouldn’t ever give Amazon permission to get involved in my business anywhere other than Amazon. They already cause too many problems with their incompetence here.

7 Likes

I assume he’s talking about this -

3 Likes

We use Amazon Shipping for all of our FBM Amazon sales… and Ebay shipping for shipping on that marketplace. Similar for Walmart. When we need something off of these we have used Pirate Ship for quite a while. Intrigued because it appears if the label is from Amazon Shipping, that they are saying it will be delivered 7 days a week. As the post office does this now for Amazon that would be a benefit.

1 Like

I got an email about it but there was no real information in it. Nothing about volume or rates or how you get your stuff to amazon shipping. It wants my contact info but I don’t want to deal with a person so I am skipping it.

I don’t do high volume and the only reason I would change what I do was if it was cheaper and I doubt that it’s cheaper than first class mail, and if there is a headache of dropping my items somewhere else like a warehouse that is out. The post office is right up the street from me.

I really don’t even understand what Veeqo does. I already use amazons buy shipping…I couldn’t figure out how adding an extra middle man helps? Unless it was cheaper but I also couldn’t find out that information.

I don’t think any of these tools are designed for a small time seller.

3 Likes

Nail, meet hammer.

1 Like

if the label is from Amazon Shipping, that they are saying it will be delivered 7 days a week. As the post office does this now for Amazon that would be a benefit.

Not everyone would agree. Many of us (as consumers) like to have at least one day free of having to worry about watching for packages so the porch pirates don’t get them.

I had a situation last night, unusual, but might show how delivery at any time isn’t always desirable. I had 2 returns from Amazon coming back by UPS. Tracking showed they were due to arrive yesterday, but by 7 pm, they weren’t here. I live in a place with at-your-door garbage pick-up, which starts at 7 pm. I had to pay attention last night to make sure I caught the packages when they were delivered, before the garbage people accidentally took them away.

Not a big deal, but still… it’s nice to have a day when you know you don’t have to think about package-related issues. I wouldn’t want to send things with possible Sunday delivery.

3 Likes