Amazon uses Premium Beauty Tag to cut out competition

So we noticed this weekend a number of ASIN we’ve been on since 2014 have us as inactive.

Now when I click edit it says “Not eligible for Luxury Beauty and not taking applications”
**NOTE - It has always said that for as long as I can remember (regarding LUX Beauty).

Anyway, they are not even luxury beauty brands. (EX)

• Coppertone
  • Oral-B
  • OGX
  • Ultimate Originals

But I do see Amazon or Amazon Fresh has joined the party on these ASIN’s.
Amazon.com

So the Shampoo competition has been knocked down.
Us and the 27 other sellers (that were on the shampoo) are still allowed to offer the Conditioner (FOR NOW)

The most annoying part is these wacky things happen everyday on Amazon somewhere to someone. We all try to play by the rules, but the rules are always changing and never apply to the bully down the block.

Link to the Luxury Beauty Brands
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=21157564011

1 Like

I’ve actually been expecting this ever since I read @T_I_H’s 9Apr2021 post (to an OSFE “Wholesale Club” thread in which you participated) here: //sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/1a4c80d73b34df5c91070c3b046a3399?postId=a7a60d1555b715c331678cb6a71ac653

I do understand why the Gray Market crowd has to shoulder much of the burden for fomenting this, but Amabots Gone Wild is really getting old.

4 Likes

Oral-B is a Procter & Gamble Brand, and doesn’t surprise me as they indicated in their recent earnings that sales have been down recently. It would make sense that they might try to corner the Amazon Marketplace in an attempt to increase their revenues.

Not saying that is what is happening, just observing that there really wouldn’t be a better time for P&G to make this sort of move. The stock is 66% owned by institutional investors, so they have the proper motivation to keep profits and dividends reliable.

Restrictions on P&G products have come and gone depending on the current relationship between Amazon and P&G. There was a period when no 3P sellers were allowed to sell P&G, Oral B and Gillette.

2 Likes

We have hundreds of p&g items it’s not the whole brands just random items that Amazon has jumped on this weekend.

2 Likes

I don’t see Amazon on the page you linked, but somehow a new seller is the only seller?

1 Like

That’s what I see today as well, but when I checked both the ‘gp’- & ‘dp’-version PDPs for ASIN B000TGEJT8 yesterday - immediately after our friend SUNDANCE brought attention to it - that newly-launched 3P Seller was accompanied by Amazon’s Offer-Listing in the “See All Buying Options” ‘slide-in’ box.

Split-testing, or shenanigans? Not sure at this point…

Now not available - very customer-centric
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TGEJT8?ref=myi_title_dp&th=1

So you can ship over 4 million orders on Amazon but a new seller with 1 review (that was negative but struck thru) can offer it??

Just shows how messed up the system is and there are so many holes.

And the new seller is the only one now and they can Price Gouge @ $18.99
Not their fault - they should run with it

1 Like

So this link shows “OUT OF STOCK”
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TGEJT8?ref=myi_title_dp&th=1

But this Link allows you to BUY

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TGEJT8/ref=olp-opf-redir?aod=1&ref=myi_lowprice_offer

Am I the only one seeing this? More Great coding!

Probably, I would think, because those links were both generated from your SOA Account’s Manage Inventory page?

I’m still seeing the newly-launched seller, with stock available, if I navigate to either of your URLs (using our default Zip Code as the Purchase Destination).

This is one of the many reasons why I’ve so long advocated using stripped-down ‘simplified’ URLs - and/or Virtual Machine instances that are well-insulated from the host `puter/server’s Local Storage Objects - for conducting investigations of this or that ASIN’s PDP.

Does this product actually have all that text on the bottle? … or is that an altered image?

But what we liked was the bullets under this variation …

Style: Travel Size -Shampoo+Conditioner

Brand OGX
Item Form Cream
Hair Type All
Recommended Uses For Product All Hair Types,Conditioner,Lock In Moisture,Moisturizing,Nourishing
Unit Count 16 Fl Oz

About this item

• Feature bullet coming soon :arrow_backward::arrow_backward::arrow_backward::arrow_backward:
  • Feature bullet coming soon :arrow_backward::arrow_backward::arrow_backward::arrow_backward:
  • Soften, hydrate and transport hair to the tropics with this nourishing coconut milk conditioner A tantalizing blend with coconut milk, coconut oil & egg white protein, it helps strengthen strands
  • TRANSPORT HAIR TO THE TROPICS: This 13-fluid ounce bottle of OGX Nourishing + Coconut Milk Conditioner helps strengthen and hydrate hair, leaving it looking glowing, healthy and beautiful with every use
  • NOURISH, STRENGTHEN and LOCK IN MOISTURE: Suitable for all hair types and textures, this creamy nourishing conditioner leaves hair with super shine and added moisture that won’t weigh down your tresses

Something else about this page … the Firefox snapshot kept failing on any section of the page

1 Like

It used to be free standing asin, someone made a variation & who knows what kind of nonsense that brewed up.

It was a decent item we sold about 50 since 6/1 - now when it’s time to reorder i’ll deal with the “Hey is this item still available” messages

2 Likes