[AMZ] Two-factor authentication will be required starting March 28, 2024

Well, you know Amazon…“as early as” means anywhere from 0 to 100% of Sellers will see changes today. :unamused:

Clear communications isn’t their thing.

2 Likes

Ahhhhh - As early as…

Still nothing here but was forced to sign back in - no 2FA required…

2 Likes

Funny, but if you had asked me about what that message said without showing it, I would have remembered it as “by March 28”

A bit of a toss-up as to if my memory is wrong (which is normally the case), or if Amazon changed the message (or had multiples).

But yeah, typical Amazon.

4 Likes

“By” as in “on?”
Or “by” as in “before?”
Or “by” as in “around?”

You know how meticulous Amazon is.

6 Likes

Since this “March 28 deadline” we have not had to use 2FA any more than normal. As in, using another workstation, or a workstation that wipes out cookies every night.

Typical Amazon.

3 Likes

Same here, with a singular exception:

I noticed yesterday that the SMS notification for Deposit Method Manager access on an SMS-enabled SoA Account had changed from what’s been in place for several years, and that the ability to specify a secondary recipient, which has also long been in place, has apparently been deprecated.

2 Likes

To that point, the day they announced this, I had my right hand man, a woman, set up a secondary user with full authorization and her cell phone as the 2FA method for her.

2 Likes

Amazon got one of my 2 accounts today (mid-day). I must say, it’s quite annoying to have to provide a code every single time I sign in.

I’ll get used to it but will complain as usual. Old boss said I was “resistant to change” and she was right about that.

Got shut down / locked out having to re-sign-in, right in the middle of a shipment plan. Great timing Amz!

6 Likes

After your first sign in of the day and you know you will be back and forth for the rest of the day …
when it requires you to sign in the second time, remember to check the box at the bottom of the login screen that allows (doesn’t require for this browser or computer) to avoid having to re login and you should not have to login again until you sign out.

5 Likes

This

6 Likes

Let’s see if this works. Obviously I had checked that box many moons ago.

Guess they reset it all with this new change. Just checked it again… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Has to be done after the 1st login of the day(s) when the second login is required.

It is not a one and done forever type of thing as it resets if you have logged out. Your next “1st” login will end up having another login which will require the box to be checked.

You can go for a week (or more?) if you do not log out after the 2nd login with the box checked.

3 Likes

Until yesterday, I only got prompted for 2FA once every few months.

Weird

2 Likes