Another country removed from my ship to list....

Transaction date: 8/1/2023
The shipping services purchased for the package did not match the carrier-reported charge for shipping the package:
Customer Entered Dimensions: 8 X 6 X 1 IN
Weight: 1 OZ
Carrier Audited Dimensions: 8 X 6 X 1 IN
Weight: 1 OZ
Fuel Surcharge
-$2.45
Base Charge
-$26.10
Remote Area Delivery
-$5.00
Import Duties
-$31.95
Amount already paid:
$28.64
Total Charge from Carrier
-$65.50
Transaction Total
-$36.86

So it looks like Honduras likes to charge inflated import duties…I will never mail a thing there again. The way it is going I might as well just shut off International.

2 Likes

One of the many reasons I don’t ship internationally on Amazon. If they really want it, they can come to my Shopify store where import duties are paid by the recipient.

3 Likes

This is the first country in a long time that has charged import duties. I don’t have the time or ambition to go through them all and see who charges and who doesn’t. I get some rather large repeat foreign sales so I will never turn International completely off. But when I get import duties like this that made my sale to some tin star general in Honduras worthless, I turn that country off.

I turned off international on Amazon probably 10 years ago after a couple ‘issues’. I sell internationally on eBay for any of my items that allow me to export.

Even on eBay I only use their international platform where all I have to do is ship to their warehouse and they handle everything including problems. I get an order every month or two but I only have about 1000 items listed there currently.

I don’t need the headaches.

2 Likes