Another New Area for Bot Enforcement

Received the following email

Notification: Listing(s) Subject to Geographic Sales Restriction

Dear Seller,

We are writing to inform you that the following products are restricted from sale in certain locations, although they are permissible for listing on Amazon. Please see policy specific information below. You don’t need to take any action unless otherwise stated. In addition to all applicable federal laws and Amazon policies, you must also comply with state and local laws applicable to the locations into which your products are sold.

ASIN: B01N3U06FA, SKU: LT-NAKR-0XYU, Title: Half and Half Tobacco Premium - Pipe Tool

Why is this happening?

This product has been identified as a form of tobacco paraphernalia.Seven states have similar laws that ban or restrict Internet sales and associated deliveries or carriage of tobacco and nicotine products (including e-cigarettes) and/or paraphernalia to consumers in their respective state. These states are as follows: Vermont, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Utah, and Washington.For more information, please see our Seller Help Page:Amazon

What actions do I need to take?

• Please see specific policy information above for any relevant actions or information that may be required to bring product into compliance.

How can I appeal for removal of geographic sales restriction?

• If you believe the product listed above should not be subject to geographic sales restriction, or you have completed the action required in this message, please e-mail us at [email protected] with ASIN, relevant marketplace, and any supporting information or documentation.

We’re here to help:

If you have questions about our restricted products policy, please review: Amazon

Thank you,

Amazon Services

I have no clue whether a pipe tool is illegal to sell or not in those states, and frankly - I do not care.

Sold some of these recently on Ebay, where there is more interest than Amazon. I have no clue where they were going.

2 Likes

This is one of the nightmares of e-commerce.

Where what can be sold can drive you crazy.

2 Likes