Can anyone explain this Walmart shipping oddity?

I don’t understand the reasoning for this. :thinking:

Short story:

• Item promised delivery by 5/11, actually delivered on 5/12
  • Walmart is not counting this as a late delivery

Detailed version:

• Customer is in New York, which I’ve designated as 3-day delivery in my shipping template. Order had to ship by 5/8 and deliver by 5/11, so the delivery promise was calculated correctly.
  • The item was actually delivered on 5/12. Seems like that’s 1 day late.

However…
Downloading Walmart’s shipping report shows the late delivery reason as ‘Carrier exceptions’. I couldn’t find anything in their help system discussing carrier exceptions.

This doesn’t make a lot of sense, since it was me (not the carrier) that set the delivery promise at 3 days.

:thinking: :thinking:

When I view the seller-accountable metrics, it would seem like this is my problem -

USPS probably has an EDD of 4 days to NY, while I told Walmart I could do it in 3. So it seems like I should be getting a metrics hit here.

I’m really confused (but not unhappy) that Walmart seems to be blaming the late delivery on USPS, and not on me.

But can anyone explain why?

Appreciate any help or insight.

Walmart sometimes fails to report the stats of the day.
For instance, there’s only one place (home) to see how many sales you have for the day, but it doesn’t tell you how much ($) you’ve done that day.

Could it be that is was just waiting for the delivery day to pass? I confess that I don’t usually check Walmart’s stats with the same level of compulsion that I check Amazon, eBay or Shopify. Wally is way far behind in many things (no apps, stats reporting, etc)

How does it appear today? If it was a glitch, then enjoy it! :smile:

Apparently, I’m too impatient. :laughing: Now I see what I expect.

For instance, there’s only one place (home) to see how many sales you have for the day, but it doesn’t tell you how much ($) you’ve done that day.

Isn’t that available under Performance → Item Sales? It shows daily total in both units and dollars, but oddly, it doesn’t have a ‘today’ or ‘last 24 hours’ option, you have to set the date using the custom option.

Wally is way far behind in many things (no apps, stats reporting, etc)

I know a lot of you say that, but so far, I really, really like the way Walmart handles most things. Everyone likes something different, of course, but Walmart seems much more in tune to ways I think are logical - much more so than either Amazon or eBay.

I really like the way sales data is presented, and especially the drop-down box that lets you filter by brand. As a reseller of other’s brands, it’s cool to be able to see, at a glance, how sales compare among them.

The one thing I would like though, is a real-time order notification flag like eBay’s. Something that shows I have an order without having to manually refresh the screen.