Can't buy a UPS label...why?

I almost never ship by UPS, but today I have a too-long-for-USPS package so want to go with UPS to avoid the USPS length surcharge.

But I’m getting an error.

I’m guessing this has something to do with them setting up individual UPS accounts for each of us and we had to agree to something in order to use it, which I never did, and have no idea how to get to now.

Does anyone know?

1 Like

I found the email and link from Amazon received on 1/4/22.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/orders-st/terms-and-conditions

Hello,

The current UPS terms and conditions for Amazon’s Buy Shipping will be replaced by a new agreement, the UPS Technology Agreement, effective January 24, 2022.

If you want to continue to buy UPS labels via the Buy Shipping Merchant Fulfillment API, you must accept the new agreement by January 24. If you don’t accept the agreement by that date, you’ll no longer be able to buy UPS labels through the Merchant Fulfillment API.

To accept the UPS Technology Agreement, follow these steps:

1. Go to “Merchant Fulfillment API registration”: Amazon Sign-In

2. Under the heading “Merchant Fulfillment API access,” locate the UPS Technology Agreement.

3. Check the box next to “I agree to the UPS Technology Agreement, which authorizes UPS to create a UPS account on my behalf using information collected by Amazon.”

4. Click “Submit.”

The Amazon Services team

ETA: I don’t know why my second link (which is the same as the first) shows the way that it does. @papy might know why?

5 Likes

I found the email and link from Amazon received on 1/4/22

That long ago, huh? Shows how often I use UPS. :laughing:

But…

I compared Amazon’s rates to PirateShip and PS is cheaper by 50 cents, so I think I’ll just buy the label from them and not screw with it. It’s weird though that Amazon won’t let me buy it through them.

Maybe the part that it isn’t required if you use Buy Shipping is a lie. :tired_face:

2 Likes