Change photos or not?

I have my own listing and manufacture my own products. I have a best seller that ranks #3 on its main keyword and then #6 on another keyword. Most other keywords I place on page 1 or 2.

My pictures suck, but it was all I could do at the time of launch. My products launched in Summer 2023. I think I am ready to upgrade my pictures.

I am wondering how it will effect my ranking if I changed my photos. From what I read and understand photos have no relevance on the algorithm and placements. Is that true?

As far as I am aware, yes.

Don’t take my word for it though, this isn’t my thing.

Can you run an experiment?

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t know if the photos influence the algorithm. What I do know is that the first thing the customer looks at is the product photos. It is recommended that you have the best quality images possible.
You can do an A/B test to compare between the old and the new ones.

On the other hand, since a few days ago, amazon allows contributions from different sellers on the images of a product. That doesn’t affect you, because I understand that you are the only seller of the product; but in the same information amazon suggests that the first image should be of the product, the second one should show the product in use and the third one should show the measurements graphically.
I would follow that order, just in case.

1 Like

We changed all the pics on our number one seller a few months ago and it hasn’t affected sales at all, in fact I think they actually picked up a bit. I was afraid to disturb anything like you, but we completely changed our trade dress so I more or less had to make it what the customer was actually going to receive.

-Ana

1 Like

Thank you. I wasnt aware of the recommended picture flow. I’ll implement this.

Thanks. I changed my other listings already, but they arent best sellers and sales did pick up. Im just scared to change anything else. Maybe I’ll do a few pictures a day.

2 Likes

We have found the number of images can affect the algorithm. We had a listing that had 3 images and we went on Fiverr and had a graphic nerd make us some better images and we went from #7 to #2 in about a week after with no change other than going from 3 images to 7.

A+ content is supposed to help too.

2 Likes