Do I have to fix the "search supressed SKUs" of an ancient listing?

Hi fellow sellers,

Amazon just put a “New search suppressed SKUs” message un the Actions box with a “Fix Issues” link on the side. When I clicked the “Fix Issues” link (see green arrow), the sliding window from right appeared showing the details of the problem SKUs.

It was an old listing of the product that I was out of stock long time ago and I closed the listing in 2018. I don’t want to reactivate it (the only option at the bottom). In fact, I’m afraid of changing anything because sometimes it could cause problems in the future. I wonder if Amazon recently applied a new code making their bots to change something and now this ancient closed listing became an issue. What would you guys do?

2 Likes

Sorry. My advice is what I would have done – regularly (like every week or ten days) delete all inactive listings. They can cause you just as much trouble as active listings.

5 Likes

I agree with @bookwormapril on this (despite having hundreds upon hundreds of these sitting there un-deleted).

I now have to go through the entire list since a couple came back to bite me…

5 Likes

Thank you @bookwormapril @dwat0870 . Ok I tried to delete this old listing the delete option was not there

I remember it used to be in this dropdown menu. I wonder where did Amazon move it to. Any idea?

2 Likes

I just checked one of my ‘supressed’ ASINs and it still shows for mine (at least the one). Are you in the inventory listings? I ask because that screen is substantially different from mine.

3 Likes

Yes I was in the inventory listing. How did you access the dropdown menu in your screenshot?

1 Like

I think I found it in Manage Inventory page. It looks a bit different from yours but it should work, I think:

Should I do the Reactivate first to satisfy the message in Actions box, then delete the listing?

3 Likes

I clicked on the ‘down arrow’ next to the ‘edit’ tab.

That opens up the menu.

3 Likes

I have no clue on that. I suspect that reinstating anything could lead to huge issues if you don’t have current LOAs from all the brands involved.

I have items that I was good for but have dropped for a variety of reasons and conflicts. There is no way that I want to try to relist any of them and stir the Amazon pot of potential problems.

2 Likes

Thank you for the vote for not reactivate and just delete the listing. I agree with your statement. However I wonder if leaving an item in Actions box without fixing it would have any consequences… I would like to see how other sellers suggest.

1 Like

One could use the excel template file and select Delete in the column that asks what action to take.

4 Likes

At one point the advise was to close and then delete the listing. I do not remember why.

3 Likes

Would you reactivate the listing (to satisfy the Actions box) before deleting?

1 Like

I’ve heard of that too. Normally I would close and never delete. Now I need to delete. The question is whether I should reactivate to satisfy the Action box before deleting? What do you think?

1 Like

Once deleted it should disappear by the next day. Amazon’s updates often do not happen immediately.

4 Likes

This is the understatement of the month/year/decade.

3 Likes

In the blink of a year …

3 Likes