Does Seller Central automatically display the date according to the local time?

I’m trying to change the Delivery Window to February 27. Even though the calendar allows me to select Feb 27, after saving it’s still showing Feb 28. See the red arrow and red red rectangle in the picture below:

Currently I’m traveling in Asia which is about 12 hours ahead of the US. I wonder if Seller Central detected that and showed me the date according to my Asia location (Feb 27 in the US is Feb 28 in Asia). What do you guys think? I hate to have more “delivery out of window” bad score in my shipment performance. This is a huge shipment (which mean more bad score :frowning: )

1 Like

That’s probably not an unreasonable assumption, being on the other side of the mid-Pacific IDL (“International Date Line”) as you are, but I cannot speak to any personal experience in that regard, as we ourselves remote-in to our Enterprise Domain servers - located in These United States - no matter where our people are physically located @ any given time.

1 Like

Hi Dogtamer. Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a suggestion for future shipments, unless your deliveries are so unpredictable that you need to set it for later and move it up on short notice, I would try to set the window when creating the shipment so that your delivery will make it there at the midpoint of the window. This gives you +/- 3 days from the midpoint for things to be received without “penalty” which should be adequate for most carriers.

2 Likes

Seller Central can barely figure out handling times and inventory management, I highly doubt it adjusted based upon your IP Geolocation!
Assume all times and dates are based on PST/GMT-8

3 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. You’re right, I always try to set the window at the end (worst case). So I have ample time to change the window. Even though the shipment was created as domestic (7 day window), it actually came from China. The reason that I didn’t create this shipment as international was because I wanted to get a Los Angeles warehouse which is the closest and cheapest shipping from China.

1 Like

Hmm… I tend to agree with you. If that’s the case, my shipment would arrive outside of the delivery window and get more bad scores. I took a screenshot and plan to dispute (that I tried to move the window but it didn’t work, hence it’s a GUI issue).

Thanks for sharing your thought.

2 Likes

Assuming you’re not using AGL, why not create the shipment after it arrives in the US and clears customs? After that you should be able to nail down the timeline better.

Is AGL an option for you? If it’s roughly the same price it’s worth considering just to not deal with this hassle

1 Like

Thanks for another great suggestion. Yes, AGL is an option for me. Do they offer competitive prices? I never used it because I’m afraid to share my supplier info with Amazon to help grow their Amazon Basic brand… Are you happy with AGL? Aren’t you worried about Amazon competing with you?

1 Like

I ship domestically with partnered carrier UPS (as do many people). Generally partnered carrier is the way to go with Amazon since they’re responsible for everything post-pickup. I believe their AGL rates are competitive as basically all chinese sellers use that service.

As far as Amazon competing with you, you using AGL won’t impact that. If they want to compete with you it’ll be because your product sells really well, they’ll look at the ASIN itself and figure out how to knock it off. They already have plenty of suppliers and don’t need your supplier information. If they really wanted your supplier information they could just hit you up with an invoice request anyway.

1 Like