Enroll to FBA You Say?

Wow, what am I waiting for?

Enroll to FBA Blurred

Bah.

You could make $192,728 if you buy this bridge I’m selling.

1 Like

They’re not lying though. I have always had higher sales of FBA items than my FBM.

It’s not for everyone, or every product though.

3 Likes

I agree there’s a bump by using FBA vs. FBM (I do both), but a 550% bump is an order of magnitude greater than what I’ve seen - and what’s been advertised by Amazon - in the past.

2 Likes

It depends on the product/category/other factors.

That estimate isn’t BS though, your product likely has a lot of Prime offer competition, and switching to FBA would likely feature your offer a lot more favorably than it is now if you can offer Prime fulfillment. Amazon knows approximately how many more views they’re willing to give you if you’re Prime and extrapolating your current conversion rate results in that estimate they give.

3 Likes

Our sales went up about 50% and returns went up 1000%

2 Likes

I converted one product to FBA. Sent in a 3 month’s supply that ran out in 1 week.

1 Like

I’ll bet you money @SellerFeller’s sales go up nowhere near the 6X they are suggesting. Maybe 60%, and profit less than that.

Given the low volume of that ASIN it’s not as crazy as you might think.

Assuming a sales price of $30 the current sell rate is 1 / day, expecting it to go up to 5 / day isn’t that nuts.

A long time ago I had an ASIN that was selling like 1 / month FBM, and it was selling 1 a week after going FBA, that’s a 4X increase on a very small sample size.

If the difference between prime and not prime shipping is the difference between page 1 and page 2 of the search results, the increase could be even more than 5-6X since people mostly only buy from page 1.

2 Likes

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

Without FBA, I would hardly have any sales. My sales bump is anywhere between 10-30x what I would do FBM. Also, the FBA fee is cheaper than the cost to ship most of my stuff if I had to do it on my own. In my case, it is a no-brainer.

Again, it is not for everyone as @oneida_books stated.

YMMV

7 Likes

All great replies and interesting that they run the gamut from “Yes, this sales lift is quite possible” to “FBA will ruin you” (paraphrasing).

My top-selling product (obviously, not the one in the example) I sell both FBM and FBA at the same price and FBA outsells FBM about 100:1. I imagine that the 1 out of 100 FBM sale is due to urgency and my shipping time being a little better than an FC for the customer’s address. This particular product lends itself well to FBA as it is a small, dense (i.e., heavy for its size) package in the sub $100 range. My other products go up in size and price from there.

The example I provided is a big, higher-priced, slow-moving product that Amazon is examining at the slowest time of year (we have an inverted sales cycle as compared to most others) from which it is making very bold proclamations. I’m not saying that I know for a fact that they’re wrong, just that the trends I’ve seen argue against their forecast being even remotely accurate.

3 Likes

I’ll say it for you… their predictive abilities in general sucks royally

2 Likes

This exactly.

Shipping is really in the eye of the beholder and beholden.

To wit:

Fancy item (impulse or not) may have consideration for latent shipping contingent upon market conditions.

Commodity item (impulse or not) may not have the same consideration. Consumers want it now or they’ll buy another.

Prime’s existence as a brand is an interrupter in this specific sense. It allows consumers to get the closest thing to now from the convenience of a click to date and if all things hold constant, will just keep reducing it’s time to customers.

Sellers would be wise to keep these in mind.