FBA Q4 Limits - Don't believe Amazon

You mean class action arbitration :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I think a lot of ppl have the same concerns. I decided to be very public a while back, as someone ultimately has to if we’re ever to see any change. I suspect they penalize me eventually; if they put me out of business, so be it. With the fee increases of the last few years and their aggressive (read: predatory) move into grocery, it’s an increasingly short term business anyway.

1 Like

What’s “entrapment” in FTC-speak?

2 Likes

Answer - Telling sellers to build / send excessive inventory to cover 3-4 months of sales, cutting the limits to 90 days and then finning them on the excess.

3 Likes

:laughing: Well yes, but there’s gotta be a technical commerce-based term. It’s not simply “false advertising”.

2 Likes

I know - just being my snarky self… :hugs:

Do they actually fine sellers for it? I thought if you’re over the capacity limit they just won’t let you create new shipments.

See post 17. They sure do fine…

2 Likes

I should also mention that the fines might be even higher during the peak period. Our SAS manager is looking into that.

$10 / foot? Holy ■■■■

2 Likes

No kidding… If we follow Amazon’s direction / SAS recommendations for Q4, we will be paying $2K a month in fines.

I don’t understand this and I’ve been doing this Amazon thing since 2018. I mean how libelous and unethical is this in reality when you calmly think about it.

• Amazon intentionally jacks limits up in Oct.
  • Amazon sends out an email to load up for Q4 using those Oct limits because they are shifting their resources from receiving / transferring to taking care of consumer orders.
  • Amazon cuts Nov 40% and who knows how low Dec will be. That number should have been published by the 21st of the month as it has been since the capacity limit system came out.
  • Amazon will fine the ■■■■ out of every seller that follows Amazon’s lead to have a successful holiday season.

This one really takes the cake if they don’t tell sellers that they are waiving overage charges for Q4 as long as you don’t go above your Oct allocation.

Still haven’t decided what we are going to do. It’s Sophie’s Choice on the surface.

2 Likes

Aye, that it is - and Hobson’s Choice behind the veil.

1 Like

I’ve been doing this since 2012 (FBA since 2015) and I can’t fathom how screwed up we are going to be this year. It’s just one thing after another.

My October limits aren’t even “official” yet. Still showing “estimated”

The main FC I am sending to is FWA4 and they are so far behind right now. I still have a shipment from Aug 18 that is still being received (not even fully counted yet). I still have deliveries as far back as September 11 that show “delivered” and that’s it. Just sitting there oh-so-lonely with no love and attention being paid to them.

I suspect that might be the case. I will be watching the limits closely to see if I need to make any adjustments. Currently I am at 35% capacity utilization and have storage utilization ratio of 10.8 weeks. Sales have been significantly higher since Labor Day and I’m worried that I won’t be able to manage efficiently if the focus on Nov/Dec is on customer orders. Who knows how long deliveries could take to be checked in. Two weeks? Three? Six?

2 Likes

That’s my real gripe about all of this. Its an Amazon problem that they punish us for. By the time the flood gates open up for the holiday seasons its too late to get any inventory in, but that’s the problem with all of this automation. A real human could easily see yea sales increase in Q4.

2 Likes

Dec #'s are out and higher. Like WTF Amazon??? What is this game you’re playing?

There’s zero seasonal data in here. We aren’t a seasonal business. I’m actually OK with this. We can achieve our goal if they don’t backtrack and bid on space just for Nov which is cheaper than the fines (I assume). If that fails, we take it up the butt for a month just to do well.

We can pack north of 50K units into 481 feet…

2 Likes

Well atleast they’re back up but not as high as my September Limits although the assumption is atleast 1.5 - 2 x the sales so really dunno what’s going on

2 Likes

That begs the question of what November will really look like when Nov get’s confirmed???

Amazon really can’t expect that they can legitimately fine sellers for being at or near their limit on 10-31 on Nov 1st or 30th even after their go “All In” with inventory by Oct 26th?

When was the last time Amazon raised a limit 39% in Dec from Nov since limits were instituted? Ummmm - never…

This is really strange and illogical, even by Amazon standards.

2 Likes

Any updates from your SAS rep?

Just pinged her to find out what her recommendation is.

Initially, the plan was to use the capacity limit program to bid on more space for Nov and Dec to meet the need. Now we only need it for Nov. I don’t want to pay $2K in fines when we can pay $400 for more space.

Who knows though… The crazy lunatics from overseas and even our shores will probably drive the cost of space through the roof anyway so who knows what will be cheaper.

Amazon has more space than they know what to do with but they refuse to open it up to have a reasonable avg limit for everyone always.

Constant games to keep their “partners” (LOL) on our toes or back.

2 Likes

Assumes facts not in evidence, counselor.

We’ve all seen this movie before.

2 Likes