[FOX] Family Dollar recall of OTC drugs, medical devices spans 23 states

Yikes.

• How many of these tainted products have already landed in the hands of retail arbitrage Sellers and have been/are being sold on Amazon?
  • Will the recalls be destroyed or liquidated by pallets, only to show back up as Amazon sales?
  • Will the brands partner with Amazon to check for (un)authorized Sellers and recalled batch numbers?

Family Dollar recall of OTC drugs, medical devices spans 23 states

If you buy anything from FBA you should assume it’s been stored outside of acceptable temperatures.

So I’m not that concerned about this. I avoid buying things that are temperature sensitive from FBA in general, as should you.

As I said in my gated OP
9h

RA in grocery or health is bad news. Consumables of unknown provenance.

Family Dollar Recalls More Than 300 OTC Health Products

Products sold include pain relievers, toothpaste, mouthwash,

More than 300 over-the-counter health products were recalled from Family Dollar after they were stored at the wrong temperature before being delivered to stores, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced. ​ ​Among the items are pain relievers, toothpaste, mouthwash, ointments, soaps and cold medications. The full list of products includes brands such as: before being delivered to stores, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced. ​ ​Among the items are pain relievers, toothpaste, mouthwash, ointments, soaps and cold medications. The full list of products

How would a buyer know if food was safely stored?
Documented brand authorization should be mandatory.

ETA: concern is not only FBA but also before or outside of FBA by the seller.

And all the RA apologists will continue to say it’s perfectly fine to do since they purchased from well known stores so the products MUST be fine.

All I know is all my receipts are from after October 4th so I’m good. /S :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

“Consumer purchases of the affected products may have occurred June 1 to Oct. 4.”

1 Like

Proper shipping/storage conditions of consumable products is actually becoming a bigger and bigger issue because of overall temperatures increasing/more extreme temperatures. This is a problem for all channels. If a Walgreens truck is held up for a few days in texas during a heat wave, all those products have been exposed to high temperatures.

This probably presents a unique opportunity though. If there was a supplement brand that had some kind of heat sensitive thing as part of the label that turned red if the product is exposed to high temperatures for a specified period of time. That brand probably won’t do well on Amazon though since all their FBA products will show up as overexposed in the summers.

1 Like

I was not aware that FBA warehouses were FDA registered. I always assumed that the fact they have meltable restrictions for certain time periods of the year meant that they weren’t temperature controlled.

That is also a good point, most people don’t really care about their health. If someone’s eating fast food daily + taking supplements the fast food is doing far more damage to them than anything else can help.

1 Like

I don’t care who sells it; I don’t want melted Monistat, soggy honey throat lozenges, twice-baked Pepto Bismol, or runny Colgate.

:nauseated_face: It’s all gross. We used to buy the kids’ gummy vitamins from Amazon, but once we started selling and I found the OSFE–no more.

ETA: Look up “pants candy Tennessee”. That’s what this reminds me of.

2 Likes

Ditto

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.