From a Facebook group

Not sure if this is allowed, delete if necessary

[mod edit: papy removed PII from screenshot]

4 Likes

Late to the party as usual, but this thread deserves a comment…

My experience so far with Wallmart has been wonderful. It reminds me of the AMZ of old when, as a seller, we could get timely responses from actual people.

I had my own on-boarding team from Walmart when THEY approached me to take a look at their platform. I did literally nothing but send them some spreadsheets and answer emails. The team took care of the entire process. Even glitches were handled by their team seamlessly.

Their website is amateurish and they don’t have the volume of traffic as AMZ, but they are constantly making changes in the back end to their platform for the better.

So far I am impressed with their service to the seller. :grinning:

3 Likes

It is definitely easier to get an answer, and an answer from a person who (attempted to) read your question. It is also easier to get someone who understands your question on the phone.

However, the quality of assistance via actual answers was less impressive. While still not as bad as Amazon SS, on more than one occasion I ended up troubleshooting the problem myself or getting answers like “yeah, our site kind of sucks in this regard, just keep trying it till it goes through…” The sad part is that I think this was best best advice available.

2 Likes

Their website is amateurish

I’m much more loyal to Walmart (as a shopper) than I could ever imagine being to Amazon. I don’t think it’s amateurish. I think it’s pretty good actually. I search for ‘duck’ and I get ducks (not shopping for ducks, just making a point). Anything you search for on Amazon returns all sorts of Chinese gadgetry that has nothing whatsoever to do with your search term.

At least Walmart gives you what you ask for. It took me a while to get used to the site when they changed it to a more local experience several months ago. There used to be just one Walmart, and now when you shop, you have to pick the store you want to shop from. I’m not so good with change anymore, and I didn’t like this at all, at first.

I recently signed on to sell there, but am having issues with that. But then, change… I’m sure it’s me that’s the problem. :grin: Trying to be patient, but eBay was easier… wwwaaayyyyy easier.

3 Likes

our site kind of sucks in this regard

Boy, what I wouldn’t give to hear someone from Amazon say that. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve never shopped on Walmart, so I can’t speak to the front end experience.

From the seller side, though, Walmart is 10 years behind Amazon, and not catching up very quickly. Their high price bot is starting to catch up though… -.-

That’s so funny, I say a similar thing about Amazon! Don’t shop there… won’t shop there… but made my living selling there for years. :laughing:

From the seller side, though, Walmart is 10 years behind Amazon, and not catching up very quickly.

That might be a good thing, though. 10 years ago, Amazon was still a good place to sell. :grin:

I’m working my way through the process, trying to figure things out over there. Both Amazon and eBay seem more intuitive to me, but that’s probably just because Walmart is brand new to me (as a seller).

1 Like

I was talking about the architecture of the site, how things work, how well things work… It is also behind in how automated it is at suspending all your listings for giggles, and I don’t mind that at all, but it doesn’t make it any easier to do basic things like list items. Refunding orders takes three times as long, bulk feeds randomly fail for no reason, then succeed an hour later…

1 Like

And you have to jump through hoops to get preferential edit powers, even if you’re the manufacturer. However, I found out today that they have Brand Registry, so I applied for it today. Hopefully it’ll give us as close to full edit power as possible.

It’s better than Sears…

I don’t know and I don’t want to know.
That is all I have to say about Sears.
My boss did have this idea we should sell on Wayfair though… I almost cried.