Happy Halloween SAS Friends

The title says it all.

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Be sure to remind everyone of the candy goblin who comes at night and steals (enter your favorite candy) that are not locked up tight.

11 Likes

86ea185c3b8f52afad69ab0f165ebc02

Edit: 1st one was too fast, got annoying.

4 Likes

Goblin? Nope. We have a “candy tax” at my house, lol. No matter where it comes from they know they owe me at least a tootsie roll, if they get any.

On that front we drove around and I went down a few roads, and into a couple of areas, that I didn’t see the masses on. It worked out very well with a few houses giving them handfuls of candy because they weren’t seeing many trick-or-treaters. Needless to say last night was good for the candy tax with the 2 granddaughters pulling in some good hauls.

So today I still have a sugar high going on … and haven’t wanted to check my blood sugar yet. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

We buy them to give out along with other candy … funny thing is … the tootsie rolls are never given out … :thinking: :shushing_face:

The wife and I dressed up and sat on the front porch handing out candy last night. If was fun and we had people laughing. Actually had one of our better turnouts last night for our little town.

3 Likes

I trimmed the greenery to make a walkable path and set up extra lighting for better visibility — and we did not get one single trick-or-treater. Kinda disappointed.

Now Whozzit and I will have to eat all those Reese’s peanut butter cups. it’s a challenge, but I think we can do it :wink:

2 Likes

Same here, not one single kid even walked up the road. Last year was bad but at least I had 3 kids come.

1 Like

We got robbed by a bunch of teenagers. Stole our entire basket of candy. I saw it happening from my security camera monitor above this screen but it was too late. Yelled up to my wife and all she could do is yell at them as they ran away - “Thanks for being ■■■■■■■■”…

Luckily we had another bag of candy for the rest of our trick or treaters…

Anyone know these dicks? haha

Yes.
Tweedle Dee and Teedle Dum-a$$.

When my sister was 4, I would open the door and she would have a bag of candy and give each kid a piece, she was so happy doing it. One teenager grabbed the big bag of candy out of her hands and ran off with it. She cried about it for almost a month. It’s hard to explain to a 4 year old that some people are just awful and there isn’t much we can do about it.

1 Like

:imp: water guns

2 Likes

Geez… That’s so messed up. It’s one thing to take unattended candy but what happened to you is really bad.

Some peoples children…

2 Likes

Last year, because we needed to do gardening and repairs, we closed the front gate and shut off the porch light — and still got 5 teens around 9:30 pm. We thought that no one would attempt to go through the way-overgrown bushes without a machete, but we were wrong. We didn’t have candy so we scrounged the pantry. 5 granola bars to the rescue! We bought a bag of peanut butter cups this year, and no one came.

I’m a strict 5p to 8p parent and candy-giver.
No light, no open door.

But I don’t have an age limit, costume requirement, or “one per” rule. Everybody (adults, too!) gets 2 or 3 or sometimes more, and you can pick–no costume required.

Just arrive by 7:59p.

3 Likes

I had zero kids come to my door last night, not even neighbor kids close by. Halloween fell on a school night this year which accounted for fewer trick-or-treaters. It was already 34 F degrees by 5:00 pm and dropped to 17 F overnight. One of my neighbors lives in a corner house off a well-traveled street. She only had six kids show up.

@maintak My mom liked to put a selection of candy bars on a tray and let the kids choose the one they wanted. There was always a greedy kid or kids who would grab as many candy bars as they could. I was the one who had to tell my mom not to let the kids make the selection, just give them a bar and not worry about it.

2 Likes

Me too. I’m also disappointed. And my Reese’s peanut butter cups are almost gone.

1 Like

Once years ago, I was handing out the candy alone because my boys were out trick or treating. It was slow and I had to leave the doorway for a few minutes.
I heard the door open and ran back to see it closing, and my candy bowl that was on a table inside my door was gone. I found the empty bowl half way across the front yard.
I thought that was particularly nervy, they entered my house to steal it!

Me three, for the fourth year in a row.

And my Snickers, and Butterfingers, and Baby Ruths, and Mr. Goodbars, and assorted varieties of Kit-Kats, and Mars Bars, and Almond Joys, and Mounds, and assorted varieties of Hershey Bars, and Paydays, and Charleston Chews - not to mention the slews of hard candy and ‘powdered’ confections - are unlikely to fare any better than did the Reese’s Cups (or, for that matter, than did the ‘suddenly-vanished’ Reese’s Pieces, and all those dadgum M&Ms :innocent: ).

Where’s a pesky thieving teenager when ya need one?

Wow I want to come to your house! That’s quite a list, and the Charleston’s are a favorite.

You were awfully well supplied for not having any kids the last three years?

1 Like

If you believe those were “for the kids”…

1 Like

I am not a believer, hence the ‘?’ at the end of that last sentence.