Has any US seller here used Amazon.ca FBA?

How does this work? Is it as easy as sending to a US fulfillment center where you just create a shipment, print the labels, stick em on and UPS/Amazon will handle the rest?

If this is the case there are some popular products I’d want to give a shot at selling on Amazon.ca that currently have no offers, but I’m getting the impression that a lot more work is involved than that.

There is a program called remote fulfillment by FBA where you can send inventory to US FBA facilities and offer it for sale in Canada and Mexico. In that case, they do take care of everything for you, you just send your goods into FBA, when it sells in Canada (or Mexico if you choose), Amazon will ship it to the customer out of your USA stock. This is actually pretty easy to setup, just sign up for a North American Unified account, choose what products you want to list in what market (provided you have them in FBA) and Amazon does the rest. Be advised the customer will buy in their own currency, then you will take a hit on the exchange when Amazon pays out.

If you are talking about actually putting your inventory into FBA Canada, that is an entirely different thing. You would need to export/import your goods to Canada as well as register for the local sales tax collection and remittance in each Province. I saw some legislation in Canada they were trying to adopt the marketplace facilitator laws like we now have in USA where Amazon (the marketplace facilitator) would collect and remit the local taxes but I don’t know where that is. Anyone from Canada or sell in Canada know the details about this? It would certainly be more attractive for US sellers if Amazon handled that as they do in the US.

Good Luck,

TJB

Good Luck,

TJB

1 Like