How long from a retraction will a copywrite infringement complaint take to clear?

I was told by the complainant that they have just retracted their complaint. This was about 7 hours ago I was told they did this. It still shows up on my account. Do I just wait 24-48 hours, then open a ticket if nothing happened? Do I need to do anything else on my end at all to address it?

I do know some people in the OSFE told of issues where the complainant supposedly retracted the complaint but nothing happened. I just want to know if I have to do something on my end IN ADDITION to them retracting.

1 Like

Do I just wait 24-48 hours, then open a ticket if nothing happened?

I’d do this. I’ve had an IP complaint removed by the complainant in the past, and it didn’t take too long to disappear from the dashboard, maybe a day? Waiting 1-2 days and then following up seems reasonable, it will probably be gone by then.

Some of the AH dashboard statistics update in near real time, and others seem to update when the day changes to ‘tomorrow’. The day ends, for certain Amazon metric purposes, at midnight UTC time, which is usually 5 pm on the West Coast. I’d give it until at least that time tomorrow before starting to worry.

6 Likes

Thank you kindly!

2 Likes

On the OSFE, edyu waited 2 weeks for a retraction to translate to reactivation.

2 Likes

Oof…

1 Like

Depending on workload at Amazon, it has been known to take up to a month.

There are broad windows of time associated with every type of Amazon action which corrects an incorrect problem, and this question has many potential correct answers.

1 Like

The IP complaint was removed about a day or so after I posted this. All is well! :smiley:

6 Likes

Woohoo! :partying_face:

1 Like

@SoldBySelf Please buddy, How long did yours take before it was cleared?
Did you submit an appeal and it got rejected before you waited on the retraction, I submitted an appeal or invoice and it got rejected. So I was able to email the manufacturer and the realized that it was a mistake and extracted it, please how long did it take?
Can you copy and paste the email you received when yours was retracted ?
I am tensed here
Will the retraction still work since they rejected my appeal ?

2 Likes

Hi @Gracefromabove, glad to have you with us in SellersAskSellers! Hopefully @SoldBySelf can respond soon, but because many companies close early today (the Wednesday before Thanksgiving tomorrow), it might be a few days before they can reply.

3 Likes

24 hours in my experience, but I wouldn’t be shocked if it took longer, as we approach busy holiday time, the Amazon support staff get more overwhelmed

1 Like

Sorry! I ended up not having to do anything. The complaint just disappeared from my Account Health page without me submitting any tickets or contacting anyone further. I was not notified in any way that it had been removed.