How serious is receiving "Shipping box overweight" defect 3 times?

That’s actually not true. There is a policy that states this (sort of) - screenshotted below.

Does it really matter though? Not really. When we first got nailed for this, we tossed 50K labels and had custom plates made to redact the standard UV coating that’s on every label in the CPG industry from just the barcode area. Cost of destruction / plates for all of our listings was ~$6K.

We still get hit on occasion. Amazon sends a blurry picture, showing reflectivity that isn’t there and even the blurry picture scans. I have a standard dispute response that works ~75% of the time. It’s so stupid…

We had a coaching call once, where the nice Amazon lady clearly saw things our way and dropped the “charges” against us and told us to quote that case # on future disputes. Works most of the time. She even told us to get whitelisted for this issue but apparently that option is unavailable unless you are an 8-digit+ seller. Checked with SAS on that one.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing up the custom inspection process. I’ve paid for this custom inspection from time to time but didn’t know the process. I agree that physically it’s possible for the forwarder to open the container at port and dig through the cartons (loosely loaded and not on the pallets) to find my goods. That would delay and disrupt their flow of shipments. I have to pray that they would be willing to do that even if I agree to pay that $3-5k labor fee.

1 Like

Yes but what are the reflectivity requirements? Printed on plastic is still reflective no matter what you do it in some fashion. “Reflective surface” is extremely broad and can be used for even thermal printer labels as they are not perfectly matte.

You and I both know they have issues at specific warehouses that use reflectivity as an excuse for failed calibration or bad lighting.

3 Likes

Agree. I got hit with the barcode defect a few times and only from the same warehouse. :expressionless:

1 Like

Hey, I totally agree with you. It’s the biggest, steaming pile of horse ■■■■ I’ve ever encountered in my career (27 years).

And there’s nothing we can do about it. I’ve had some decent luck with SAS managers on many issues and I’ve tried with all 3 of them, and their boss to take care of this with no luck.

Everyone agrees with us, (INCLUDING THE “COACH”), and yet nothing can be done. We are wrong, Amazon is right, and they can threaten our business for following directions, to the T, with professionally labeled and packed merchandise made here in the good ole USA.

1 Like

Its only a matter of time till a PO’d seller starts making pagers over this blatant abuse of corporate arbitration BS.
You walk in front of any competent judge and show them 100,000 units through an FC and magically a whole case (not a partial case, but a whole case) is all the sudden subject to reflective fees and we would all be getting checks.

1 Like

I was told that they do this to be nice to the seller and not violate a complete shipment, which they claim they have every right to do.

I don’t think a seller would have a snowballs chance in hell against Amazon in a situation like this, even though we are right.

Amazon would rather have smudged hand applied labels, that cover up pertinent info on labels, then professionally made labels - reflective or not. That’s how sick this is.

2 Likes

You mean a biased arbitrator that’s on Amazon’s side.

This situation is unlikely to bypass the arbitration clause

1 Like

I think you missed a line LOL

1 Like