How To Write a "Plan" For an Amazon Glitch?

Amazon was losing so much FBA inventory, when they got up to 1,000 lost units, I hired a young man to do the FBM shipping. We set things up to exclude any Next-Day options, so we had “free economy”, “standard”, “expidited”, and “2-Day”.

Until something hiccuped, and we got in 2 orders that were specified as “overnight”. One came in early enough to be doable, but the 2nd came in after the FedEx pickup time, so there was simply no way aside from driving the damn thing there myself.

But the name on the mailing label was one I knew well - our little industry is really just a small circle of friends, so I had this fellow’s email, home phone, and cell phone. To avoid violating Amazon rules about contacting the customer, I got tricky, and left a message for him on his sister’s cell phone, she lives next door. (Like I said, I know the guy…)
He emailed me back, and said “Sure! Cancel the order, and I will reorder with normal shipping”

And so I did, and everyone was happy. 'Cept Amazon.

I suddenly had “cancelled” 50% of my “Premium Shipping” orders. I shipped one, cancelled the other.

You are currently not eligible to offer Premium Shipping options for your seller-fulfilled orders. Your status has changed because we noticed that one or more of your performance metrics has fallen below the program requirements.

So, I wrote back, and explained that if this was baseball, batting .500 would put me in the Hall of Fame at Cooperstown immediately, and that if I only handled 2 orders, and cancelled one, is it fair to call that 50%?

They responded with the most a.n.a.l-retentive form letter I’ve ever seen (see below). My question is - does this hurt me, or is this just a promise that they will keep the “overnight” option disabled, which is what I wanted from the start?

There seems to be no negative impact on my “Account Health”, so do I care? I doubt I EVER want to get sucked into any sort of “overnight delivery” option, and I am only doing FBM until Amazon can straighten out its mess and find all the lost inventory (yes, they paid me for it, but that’s not the point) so I can have a reliable inventory planning algorithm.

I see a profitable product in all this - a Tamagotchi type toy that is one’s “Amazon Account Health” - one must feed it, and care for it, and keep it happy, or it gets sick, and dies, and takes your Amazon account with it. (Perhaps no one recalls the stupid Tamagotchi craze, I sure do, as it was as bad as the “Pokemon Go” fad, and lasted longer.

=-=-=-=-=-= Amazon Intimidation Attempt Below =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We received your submission but do not have enough information to reactivate your Premium Shipping options eligibility at this time. To re-enable this feature, send the following information:

– Greater detail on the root causes of not maintaining a Valid Tracking Rate of 100% in the past 30 calendar days.

– Greater detail on the root causes of not maintaining On-Time Delivery of 97% or higher in the past 30 calendar days.

– Greater detail on the root causes of not maintaining a seller-initiated order Cancellation Rate of less than 0.5% in the past 30 calendar days.

– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve Valid Tracking Rate issues.

– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve On-Time Delivery issues.

– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve seller-initiated order Cancellation Rate issues.

– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent Valid Tracking Rate issues going forward.

– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent On-Time Delivery issues going forward.

– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent seller-initiated order Cancellation Rate issues going forward.

– Greater detail on evidence or examples that demonstrate that your account has complied with our policy.

How do I send the required information?

To offer Premium Shipping options on Amazon.com, submit a plan that explains how you will meet the eligibility requirements in the future via email at [email protected].

What happens if I do not send the required information?

If we do not receive the requested information within 14 days of the original notification, your Premium Shipping options eligibility will remain deactivated.

2 Likes

I think the outline they’ve give you is the best template along with what policy states.

So general acknowledgement and statement of intent to rectify issue(s) aka plan

steps in the plan as defined by the outline

First concern of root causes, stated policy related to root concern
Second conern, stated policy
Third concern, state policy

Reiterate intent and retraining to comply with state policies

Thank them for their time and opportunity.

I would just use chat gpt and give it commands to include state policy from amazon. Revise with edits and clean up.

And then submit.

Set your handle time to 2 days and a overnight moves out one day which would have allowed you to complete the order.

2 Likes

Acknowledge what? That THEIR system glitch caused me to get “overnight” orders that I had refused to accept?

And rectify what? I verified that the feature is off in my settings, and I hope that their systems will not glitch again?

we got in 2 orders that were specified as “overnight”

When you say ‘specified as overnight’, do you mean that Buy Shipping only offered you the option to buy an overnight, ie next day air, shipping label?

First things first though. If you’re going to offer ‘premium shipping’ (2-day or Next Day) then there are a separate set of metrics you have to meet, specifically for your Premium packages. You can find them in Account Health, Shipping Performance, View Shipping Eligibilities. For your convenience -

As you can see, you’re only allowed to cancel 0.5% of premium orders or you lose the eligibility to offer Premium Shipping for 30 days. That’s the only penalty - loss of ability to offer 2-day or Next Day delivery to buyers, no other harm.

The good news is, you only lose it for 30 days and it comes back automatically. You can also try sending Amazon a plan to try and get it back sooner, but it may not be worth your time, and may not work anyway.

The bad news is that ‘Premium’ covers both 2-day and Next Day, so you’re no longer eligible to offer 2-day delivery for the next month either.

What probably happened with your ‘overnight’ order is that you missed the shipping cut-off time. Amazon requires that any Premium orders ship the same day as received if they’re placed before the day’s cut off time, which is 2 pm, unless you set it otherwise, and you’re only able to set it later, not earlier. So if your FedEx pick-up is at 1 pm, you’ll be screwed if any orders come in between 1 and 2.

That THEIR system glitch caused me to get “overnight” orders that I had refused to accept?

The only way it was a system glitch is if the order says ‘Next Day’ where this one says standard -

If the issue is that Buy Shipping insisted you buy an overnight label, that’s a different matter.

If you get a 2-day order placed before 2 pm on Tuesday, then you must get it delivered by Thursday. If you miss your FedEx pick-up on Tuesday, you can’t ship it until Wed, which will require overnight shipping to get there by Thursday.

That’s not an Amazon glitch.

What does the order say for ‘Shipping Service’? And what do the ship-by and deliver-by dates say?

1 Like

Set your handle time to 2 days and a overnight moves out one day

Remember, your handling time is ignored on Premium (2-day or Next Day) orders. They have to ship the same day, if placed before the daily cut-off time. :frowning:

1 Like

That’s what it was - the demand that I buy “Next Day” with their pricing estimate from “FedEx Home”. Problem was, 'round these parts, FedEx picks up only at Walgreens, and at 11am. The order came in at 3pm. No way to get it to them “next day” by that time.

Well, boo freakin’ hoo… I have no fondness for “2nd day”, either. My product is for people with very arcane skills, so much so, I say it on the label and in the description. Anyone ordering it 2nd Day is likely someone who has not read the description, and is hoping my product will be a magic solution to a half-understood problem. It won’t be. It will all end in tears and returns.

I may have missed the particularities of your pickup cutoff - I guess in which case you can dispute the claim and explain in brief points that the order came in after the pick up cut off. They may automatically restore the suspension and still not acknowledge the mistake on their part which I think may be the best outcome.

I don’t know if not responding to the PoA is an option and whether you’ll get premium shipping back automatically after 30 days without a PoA

But just some additional thoughts

1 Like

Recently, I had a shipment problem where they said I didn’t put the pallet labels on the pallets but their proof was the actual unit boxes inside the carton (which has the FNSKU) - I simply pointed out that they have no proof the pallet labels were missing and that the error was on their part. They repeated my infraction but also restored by shipping privileges without accepting the problem.

:person_shrugging:

Dunno what the details are, but we are still able to ship 2nd-Day, which is all we ever asked for. We don’t want “Next Day”.

So, we will ignore the demand for a “more information” Plan, as the initial plan we sent in was clear - we will watch for future “next day” shipment requests for items ordered after the cut-off time for “next day” shipping, and will contact seller support for instructions on how Amazon’s time machine can be utilized by sellers, hoping and praying that it is slightly less phallic than Amazon’s rockets.

but we are still able to ship 2nd-Day

Do you mean your buyer was still able to order with Second Day delivery, or do you mean you can buy a 2-day air label in Buy Shipping? Because you can always buys 2-day air labels, if you’re so inclined.

But when you lose premium shipping eligibility as you say you did, you can no longer offer 2-day shipping. That is, you won’t get any orders that say this:

1 Like

Yes, there was one such “Second-Day” shipping order today.

So, either they took off the restriction, and the system continued to make demands for more “Plan”, or they never actually disabled the feature for “premium” shipping at all.

Yes, there was one such “Second-Day” shipping order today.

Interesting. Does your Premium Eligibility say Eligible again?

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/performance/eligibilities

2 Likes

I am happy to report that taking a firm and unyielding stance with Amazon WORKED

Email this morning from Amazon:

"We reviewed your account and the information you provided, and we have decided that you may offer Premium Shipping options. To learn more about eligibility requirements, go to “Premium Delivery and guaranteed delivery”:

And sure enough, it looks like 2-Day shipping is back on the menu.

For the record, below is the “Plan” I submitted in reply to Amazon’s presumptuous inquiry

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

– Greater detail on the root causes of not maintaining a seller-initiated order Cancellation Rate of less than 0.5% in the past 30 calendar days.

The root cause here was that we had “Next Day” shipping DISABLED, yet, due to an Amazon systems glitch we got two “Next Day” Orders anyway. We did what was possible, and sent out one order that arrived before FedEx’s next-day cut-off, but for the other, it was placed after the cut-off time and could not be shipped next-day.

NOTE WELL THAT THIS WAS A SINGLE ORDER

We contacted the customer’s sister by telephone (we know the customer well), and told him of the cancellation, and he immediately and happily placed another order, using normal shipping, which took only a day or two at most (from NJ to CT).

As we said before, the customer was very happy at our EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE:

Order ID: xxxxx-xxx-xxx (canceled “Next Day” order)
Order ID: xxxxx-xxx-xxx (same customer re-ordering on the same day as initial order and cancellation)

– Greater detail on the actions you have taken to resolve seller-initiated order Cancellation Rate issues.

We have checked our account settings, and we have confirmed that “next day shipping” is disabled. We can only hope that Amazon does not send us any more Next Day orders in error, but if they do, we will AGAIN do what we can to make the customer happy.

– Greater detail on the steps you have taken to prevent seller-initiated order Cancellation Rate issues going forward.

We have checked our account settings, and we have confirmed that “next day shipping” is disabled. We can only hope that Amazon does not send us any more Next Day orders in error, but if they do, we will AGAIN do what we can to make the customer happy.

– Greater detail on evidence or examples that demonstrate that your account has complied with our policy.

All our orders have been shipped THE SAME DAY that they have been received. Even on Saturday. Even the replacement order for the cancelled order at issue. You cannot get better performance than “perfect”, and that’s what our performance has been – PERFECT.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

4 Likes

Looks like Columbus day killed our 2 day shipping :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Report shows:
Clock Stop Date Time
10/9/2023 10:23
10/9/2023 12:46
10/9/2023 13:43
10/9/2023 9:56
10/9/2023 11:24

They were delivered on the 10th - why would the clock stop during a non-shipping holiday?

We had a good 123 orders in 30 days run going

Update. So I sent in a POA and explanation of what I believe was a glitch Friday afternoon.

By Friday Evening our account showed “Eligible” again!

So it does pay to send in something to [email protected].

And either they were quick about it or the bots were.

2 Likes