I made a sale on Etsy

I almost fell over in my chair when I seen it. Been toying with closing my etsy shop but this will keep it open a couple more months…lol

11 Likes

Congrats.

I do enjoy selling on Etsy. We have been on since 2015. 1 sale in 2015 then took off in 2017 but only a little over 700 orders as of today.

We use the Free standard but do use Etsy Ads and built the cost of ads into the selling price.

3 Likes

celebration

:tada: :beers: CELEBRATION!

Will there be cake?

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Etsy has been in decline for me in the last few years. Just like Amazon, Etsy let Alibaba / express move into Handmade and ruined it for the rest of the world.

7 Likes

Etsy is still is the majority of my business. Although, amazon gave it a good run for its money this last Christmas season.

4 Likes

Congrats

Whatever works for you, is a good thing.

4 Likes

Stuff made by little children’s hands in China. How wholesome of a move can you make?

It’s too bad that nobody learns from the mistakes of others. It’s all about the $.

4 Likes

The thing we like about Etsy, is it is a great development tool.

Etsy lets users “convo” with sellers. We get many great product ideas from people interested in our shop. Those items often turn commercial (though still qualify for handmade) and end up on other channels like Amazon.

I just had one this morning at 4am, it will likely end up a product with little work, leveraging our other past productions.

And yes, cheep offshore trading company crap has infected Etsy in a bad way.

5 Likes

Keep your shop open. Each sale builds on the last one. Post products on your Facebook marketplace page and Pinterest along with other social media you have. Be sure to sign up for the free automatic messages Etsy will email to your visitors who have favorited or purchased your items, or have put your items in their shopping carts, etc.

Marilyn

2 Likes

I post to social media all the time. I have a facebook group that highlights all my coins and stamps that I list on amazon. Most of the items I list on etsy are also listed on amazon, ebay. I keep my prices the same across all platforms. I use etsy also for listing items I won’t list on amazon. I make a lot of sales right on my facebook group page even…

3 Likes

It sounds like you are doing all the right things. Just keep persevering and you’ll eventually reach your goal!

Marilyn

2 Likes