I was shopping on Walmart today...

and this caught my eye. I share it here for your amusement. I suppose you have to admire the optimism (?) of some people. :upside_down_face: :laughing:

6 Likes

I remember watching Everybody Loves Raymond and Frank mentioned we are supposed to fork-split Engish Muffins instead of slicing. This way you don’t crush the nooks into the crannies.

2 Likes

Word of advice. If the term “English Muffin Pizza Burger” means nothing to you. Look it up and make it. Best thing evvvver.

l603200893

5 Likes

I did and I will! Ermahgah I want it now :yum::woman_cook:

4 Likes

Sub ground beef for Italian sausage in that recipe - game changer.

And on tomorrow’s episode of cheap (yet oddly satisfying) white people food, I will give you my recipe for beanies and weenies.

4 Likes

Another bit of English muffin trivia – when you make them yourself they don’t taste at all like English muffins when first fried. They taste “right” the next day. They are good hot – just don’t taste the same at all.

6 Likes

Really…??

Of course we should probably also recognize Charlie Mops’ contribution to humanity…

When debating Best Thing Ever…

3 Likes

Dropkick Murphy did it better

6 Likes

I hate to disagree with you both, but beer is overrated.

I prefer barrels of whiskey myself.

4 Likes

I’m Caribbean, we drink rum

But I’ve probably drank my share (and a few people’s shares) of rum. At this juncture, margaritas are my preferred choice.

There’s a Mexican restaurant 2 miles from my house that since the pandemic sells Margaritas to go. You can receive 1 gallon of margarita (on a bag, no ice) during the BOGO hour when you buy 1/2 a gallon (which reminds me that today is Friday, so I need to place my order at 4:45 pm to collect it on the way home)

7 Likes

I will say I typically only have one whiskey on hand and at the same time 5 or 6 types of rum on hand at any given time. For some reason rum tiki drinks always require 3/4 different runs for one drink lol.

Not the biggest tequila man myself but I won’t turn down a decent margarita!

4 Likes

I haven’t met a liquor I don’t like, but beer is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and wine is merely tolerable.

I love my Js: Jack D, Jim B, Johnnie W. And runners up are margaritas on the rocks and Malibu.

BUT…I rarely drink, mostly on vacations. Mostly.

5 Likes

Why do Thomas’ taste different from any other English Muffin?

2 Likes

True, but I wasn’t knowing of any ode’s to whiskey

2 Likes

Fun fact about me: I have never had an alcoholic beverage.

I once had a taste of wine, but I found it disgusting and never had any alcohol ever after that.

3 Likes

I consider this to be an ode to whiskey because it’s so upbeat. And also alcoholism/cold turkey.

:warning: Adult language; alcoholism; DTs/hallucinations

I sincerely love this song. It’s like quotes from my own family members!

1 Like

Done! Also added chopped green peppers and mushrooms. A Friday night family hit!

3 Likes

Now you know. Now you know…

:grinning:

Thats awesome lol. Looks delicious!

1 Like

After reading your message, you may want to change this from “Fun Fact” to something more depressing…

Kidding!