Inaccurate Carton Weights and Dims on FBA Shipments

I received this message as a case from seller support…

Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,
We are writing to tell you we have found shipments that provided inaccurate carton weights and dimensions, in violation of FBA requirements:

FBA000000000K
FBA000000000L

If future shipments have this issue, you may be:

• Charged extra fees for shipments
  • Prevented from shipping via Partnered Carrier
  • Required to provide Amazon with a plan of action so that your shipments comply with FBA policy

Providing accurate shipping information is crucial to making sure your inventory is received quickly and correctly at our fulfillment centers and that correct carrier fees are applied. Please review the Help resources below and reply to this email to acknowledge that you understand our policy, or if you have further questions.

These shipments each have 10-20 different SKUs on them. How am I supposed to know which one they’re referring to?? I asked this question and here’s the response I received:

Hello from Fulfillment by Amazon,
Thank you for your response for additional information. To help you with future shipments, we want to make sure the issue is clear.
The shipments in question provided inaccurate carton weights and dimensions through the shipment creation workflow. For your convenience, I have provided examples from each shipment below.

BOX ID: FBA********K were confirmed to be 27.64 x 20.83 x 13.86 and 30.72 lb while the carton weights and dimensions entered are 12.4 x 26.6 x 17.3 and 25.2 lb.

BOX ID: FBA*********L were confirmed to be 22.72 x 14.45 x 14.02 and 22.80 lb while the carton weights and dimensions entered are 14.0 x 21.0 x 14.0 and 23.0 lb.

Per FBA requirements, you must submit accurate information about the number of boxes and the carton weights and dimensions of each box.

First of all, they still haven’t told me what actual ASINs they’re referring to. What they are calling a ‘box id’ is really the shipment ID making it very difficult to actually verify if their numbers are correct, I would need to look up each item on the shipment and see what the box dimensions are. If their numbers are accurate (which I can’t confirm because I don’t know what item they’re talking about) – I understand the first one they mention is a 5 lbs discrepancy. But the second box they’re referring to, we’re talking about an inch and 0.2 lbs difference – are they serious??

All the items are products we ship regularly and in the same exact size box and never had any issues before. We get our weights and dimensions directly from our large industrial UPS scale so I’m fairly certain they’re accurate. As most experienced sellers know, UPS can drop a package which could make it buldge or easily alter the box size by less than inch.

Has anyone gotten this message before? These emails don’t mention any consequences but it’s only a matter of time before they use this as another shipment performance metric.

1 Like

I would think the second box they are referencing is just to say look it happened more than once and it was probably more about the dimension 22.72. You could always add an inch to each side and maybe calibrate your scale to make sure its accurate. I’ve had Amazon ding me before for boxes that weighted under 40lbs as over 50lbs.

1 Like

The problem @Neil is talking about is one frustration I have with the “new improved” Ship to Amazon workflow. It calculates the weight based on what you put in the shipping weight per product in the listing but sometimes it’s not accurate even if you use the same box every time. One case I just shipped said it was 2 lbs lighter than it really is. I didn’t see where I could override it either. We’ll se if I get dinged for it once it’s checked in. This is really the only thing in the new workflow that gives me headaches.

-Ana

1 Like

If you are using the templates for case packs you can click confirm and continue after save, single units I am not sure. I very rarely ship out individual units.

1 Like