Is this an SAS Benefit?

I’m about to cancel my SAS Core subscription but am desperate to see if there is any advantage to having it that I just haven’t used yet. I’ve spent about $24k on the support, and I would say I have yet to experience a single benefit from it. Zero. Never a moment I was thankful for having SAS help my brand.

So they sent me this email as a SAS benefit, but I’m not even sure what this means. They say I benefit with the new Brand Tailored Promotions, but I found out anyone with a brand can use that without SAS. And the only benefit left on the email is this:

Is this just a schedule, or some added perks I can jump on? I’m not seeing anything exclusive to having the service with just a reminder of deadlines.

And this was the email’s pitch on what I’ve been paying for. Something readily available to all and a reminder calendar. Seems expensive.

Any feedback on other benefits I should have used but am not would be great. I’m ending SAS in October to push my margins for Q4, since the service has zero effect on revenue except for taking more from it on net.

Cheers!
Ryan

2 Likes

Looks like a pitch to spend more money marketing on Amazon. Like we all get in email after email, everyday. Without paying $24K, unless you get some kind of discount with a SAS subscription.

4 Likes

I don’t have SAS, but I’m running Brand Tailored Promotions and Prime Exclusive Discounts. I don’t know about the rest of it, because they get expensive. I run coupons, but they are regular coupons, not Prime Member Coupons.

BTW, can FBM sellers run Lightning Deals?

1 Like

Me too sadly… Getting moved to another rep… Somehow I doubt she will be as candid / responsive as Taylor was with us. CRAP!

3 Likes

I don’t think FBM goes with lightning

Never seen the two together

3 Likes

Thanks. I would like to try running one, but I don’t want to have to stock up the FC only for it to be a bust.

3 Likes

In my experience, it’s meant to drive higher volume on already high volume listings. Although it’s not advertised as such and most just get disappointing results. Probably only “worth it” during prime day or BF and CM as deals - guessing prime is a requirement there as well?

3 Likes

Every lightning deal I’ve ever done was insanely disappointing. It’s weird, you’ll see some at 15% off and they are filling their allocated amount, and some medium volume items at 40% and nothing.

3 Likes

The only perk I got was the ability to temporarily increase my storage limits by 10% (after they are reduced by 70%) during holiday period, only to then have my storage frozen and j pay extra storage fees while Amazon allows a fraudulent trademark complaint to freeze a chunk of my inventory during Q4. SAS couldn’t do anything, but they did ensure my fees stayed high.

3 Likes

About time you dropped sas like a hot potato

I can’t recall if you ever got in contact with different lawyers or what transpired on the ip side?

4 Likes

I never hear anything good about SAS. Guess I’m lucky I can’t afford them.

3 Likes

First, I come from a family of attorneys, and I still hate attorneys.

The attorney that I tried to hire had the experience and decency to give me some free advice.

1. They file the fake trademark complaint with two adjectives:
    a. I compete and now can’t sell competing products in Q4, opening more market to them. They are massive so don’t know why my margin meant anything.
    b. They are intentionally breaking the law, and they know it. Easy lawsuit, except for… their legal team is in-house. I’d have to pay a guy to go after them. He said that’s the bonus they would hope I would try. And they’d paperwork my attorney into a bankruptcy for me, taking as long as it takes for my funds to run out on legal.

He said the only answer is to sit tight. So about 8 ASINs were pulled from Amazon from early November and then Amazon decided that Trademark had no basis of claim, and released the ASINs back around January 15th.

Quite the strategy.

2 Likes

Indeed it is.

2 Likes

The criteria is based upon Prime Eligibility (in all regions where an Offer-Listing is made), so only SFP will do if it’s not FBA:

Make your products eligible for Deals (link, SHC, Help-Hub Rev. v.)

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen of other’s experiences (which in fact is not too terribly much), it seems that SAS has been a way for Amazon to make extra money and leaving very little benefit for the seller. Are you already utilizing other methods of advertising to drive sales and performance of your ASINs?

3 Likes

Sadly, that’s been my take on SAS Core for several years now as well.

BTW - glad you found your way here to the BEST SAS - I for one have missed you.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Dogtamer . It is nice to be “alive” once again and not in the realm of purgatory for over a millenia :laughing:

3 Likes

As I recall, when they launched it it was free, I was not disappointed then.

Remember talking about it in the OSFE or older versions of Amazon Forums.

Priced it out once they started charging and never used it again. Felt like it was for the big boys.

4 Likes

Found out what happened with my SAS guy today. Amazon is forcing everyone back to the office 3 days a week and he doesn’t live near any of the “approved” buildings they can work out of.

He’s returning back to his Amazon FC role that he originally came from.

Glad to see that Amazon treats its associates as well as its sellers. No surprises :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

The whole SAS program is kinda set up like a scam.

1. 3 month commitment even if you’re not satisfied
  2. They don’t give you any kind of guarantees for performance (unlike say, if you pay a datacenter for premium support they specifically give you certain SLAs for different tiers of service)
  3. No refund if you receive poor service and/or are dissatisfied

They basically know that a lot of the SAS reps suck or are new so they just want to guarantee that every sign up results in the minimum of around 5K in fees whether you like it or not. If the service was actually any good they’d be offering free trials to higher volume sellers to show them how great it is and to get them to subscribe on a long term basis.

Let’s say a seller sells 100K / month, which is probably around the minimum level for someone to be considering SAS, they’re already paying 15K / month in referral fees. If the program was any good that’d be worth Amazon reaching out and offering a free month.

3 Likes