Issues with Gmail?

My company’s gmail account has not received any new emails since yesterday. This includes new order emails from Amazon, so something is up. I tried sending test messages from other accounts and they don’t show up in my inbox either. My attempts to send emails from this account have also failed, though the test emails show up in my SENT folder.

I have tried logging in from other computers/networks, incognito mode, clearing cache/cookies, different browsers.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have any ideas what I can do about it? Gmail doesn’t really have a support option.

1 Like

No issues on my personal gmail account, possibly going into spam or google storage full?

1 Like

Nope and nope.

1 Like

We had some delays with our site notifications but they came through eventually (some as late as two days).

Google also sent out a notice about getting rid of dormant email addresses later in the year. There was also a notice about Google domains were being taken over by Squarespace. And there was one about changing and rebranding (renaming) some of their existing apps (like they tend to do).

If you are not getting the bounce notice, then they are sitting on a server somewhere.

If you have another email functioning, you could change the Amazon order notifications (just that one in Amazon) to that email temporarily until the original is sorted out.

1 Like

These Amazon notifications are an example of emails I know are getting sent that I am not receiving. They are not, however, my main point of concern. This is the company’s main point of contact and while we get plenty of junk I’m not missing, we also get lots of important things I need to see, and I can’t redirect many of them.

I believe the emails I am not seeing are still on google’s servers somewhere, And I hope I will get them eventually, but I don’t know that I will and I don’t even have a reliable avenue to tell google about it.

1 Like

Gmail Help

There isn’t a number to call but you can use the link above to report.

The only other thing we would note … if you are using Chrome or Firefox to access gmail, you might want to check and make sure the browser is up to date on it’s updates. We have seen both of those browsers hang up and slow down from time to time due to an update waiting to be done.

1 Like

I have opened a support ticket, but I have no idea how long it will take to get a response, if at all.

I have updated all my browsers, and I have tried logging in through multiple browsers on multiple computers from multiple locations, but no dice.

I appreciate the help, please keep the ideas coming.

1 Like

Found this in Gmail Help …

That storage quota thing is a bit scary if you archive everything.

1 Like

I would also check your imap pop and forwarding settings to make sure someone didn’t enable or disable something on accident. Just spitballing.

1 Like

I archive a lot of things, but I’m nowhere near the storage limit. In any event, none of my existing emails have been deleted, I’m just not getting any new ones, nor can I send any.

To @Tandi’s reply …

Check your settings if you read your Gmail emails with another email client

If you read your Gmail emails on another email client, like Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook, follow the steps below for the type of forwarding you’ve set up.

I use IMAP to read emails on email clients like Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail

When you set up IMAP, you can choose whether the actions you take in your other mail client affect your emails in Gmail. For example, you can choose if deleting an email in Apple Mail also deletes it from Gmail.

Make sure you’re using the recommended IMAP settings. Look for any settings that explain when emails are deleted.

I use a web app, extension, or add-on to read Gmail

Check your settings to make sure emails aren’t getting deleted or archived.

1. Visit the Connected apps & sites page.
  2. In the “Apps connected to your account” section, click Manage apps.
  3. If you find anything you don’t recognize, click the service and then|autox18 Remove.

I use POP to read emails on email clients like Microsoft Outlook

When you set up POP, you can choose whether the actions you take in your other mail client affect your emails in Gmail. For example, you can choose if deleting an email in Microsoft Outlook also deletes it from Gmail.

1. Visit the Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings page.
  2. Check to make sure POP is enabled.
  3. If you see “Delete Gmail’s copy,” or “Archive Gmail’s copy,” select Keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox.
  4. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.

Note: If you’re using recent mode with POP, change your email client’s POP settings to leave emails on the server.

1 Like

I have POP set up, but not IMAP.
I checked the settings and nothing has changed.

1 Like

A few more maybes … add-on(s) access …

Do you access your account with an e-mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Pocomail, etc), a mobile app (iOS, Android, etc), an e-mail notifier, or any other add-on/tool/web-site/etc connected to your account?

Check: Google Account Settings->Security Tab->Third-party apps with account access. This MAY work as a direct link: https://myaccount.google.com/u/0/permissions . Have you given account access to any other web-sites or utilities?

Is unroll.me on the list of connected apps?

Please check the Details link below the Inbox (lower/right) in the Gmail web interface. What are all the types of account access listed there?

1 Like

I don’t use my gmail account very much but it is active. However, I do know of a web site that is having major email issues thanks to GoDaddy: I know it’s speculation but could it be related?

[Quote]:
"We’re having major email problems, thanks to a mistake made by [GoDaddy] more in the coming week. We may be unreachable for periods of time this evening through the weekend.

"Please be aware we have likely not received emails sent in the last week, and will likely lose more in the coming week. We may be unreachable for periods of time this evening through the weekend. " (remainder of post snipped).

This organization has over 1.5 million followers on Facebook and even more that visit their website. I hope that GoDaddy gets it fixed ASAP.

2 Likes

I’m trying to imagine a world where Gmail is hosted by godaddy…

I have Google Workspace, so my gmail account has my business domain name in it. No problems so far seeing emails. I also have personal Gmail accounts. I don’t use them so much, but I haven’t noticed problems there, either.

Just a question, and then I may have some suggestions. Do you own a domain for your company? I know this doesn’t help with your gmail, but depending on your answer, I may be able to help you avoid this in the future.

-Ana

This IS The Way…

Depending upon web-based email implementations, rather than a locally-hosted e-mail client entirely under one’s own administration, is now & always fraught with the possibility of disaster.

2 Likes

We have a Google Workspace domain.

I forgot to add:

We have several emails in this domain, and other email addresses can send emails but not receive them.