It's approaching that time of year (extended holiday returns)

Yea, I wouldn’t be surprised either but I would be shocked if they didn’t announce anything and just let the 30-day period stick throughout the holiday, but I wont hold my breath for that.

1 Like

This year Mall-Wart is doing the “Holiday Returns” up to Jan 31 2024, but Amazon seems to not be offering that this year.

Did they learn from their experience last year? Or are they just waiting a bit before starting the madness?

2 Likes

They haven’t announced anything yet but I would think they might have reverted back to the November policy and make a statement after Prime day is over. We will see…

1 Like

This right here :arrow_double_up: :arrow_double_up: :arrow_double_up:

What would be smart: Extended returns (through January 31, 2024) start with purchase date of October 10 but exclude Halloween items (costumes, indoor decor, outdoor decor, etc.

That includes gifts bought during PBDD but reduces Halloween-related return fraud.

Mod edits: @Thelunatick edited title for searchability, moved to Returns and Claims

1 Like

In my email this AM:

Hello,

In anticipation of customers shopping early for the holidays, we have temporarily extended the return window of our returns policy.

The Amazon extended holiday returns policy for 2023 requires most orders bought between November 1, 2023 and December 31, 2023 to be eligible for return until January 31, 2024. This policy includes orders that are shipped by you and orders that are shipped by Amazon.

As a seller, you have the option to match the Amazon policy on extended holiday returns or provide a longer holiday returns period that is more suitable to you and your customers.

For more information, go to Amazon’s Return Policy:
Amazon.sg Returns Policy - Amazon Customer Service

The Amazon Services team

3 Likes

That’s a change, it used to be delivered between nov 1 and dec 31.
That actually closes another loophole.

I haven’t received anything official for US this is for SG.

2 Likes

That is interesting.

2 Likes

Amazon has finally announced the official dates in the second of today’s (17Oct23) News Headlines’ “Returns window to be extended for 2023 holidays” (link, Seller Central); the text of the announcement is very similar to what our friend @packetfire posted having received above (apparently due to participation in the Singapore Global Marketplace):

The SHC page “Extended Holiday Returns policy” (link) has finally been updated to reflect this year’s EHRP as well.

The News Headline-accompanying NSFE discussion (link) has already begun to blow up, for those who’d like to see what the onboarders have to say:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/fa880f8d-9296-4255-9b15-d2a22399ef51

5 Likes

So Apple brands products are Exempt from this policy? That’s a little funky.

Again the wording has changed from Delivered after Nov 1st to purchased after Nov 1st.
That actually shuts a 1 week loophole for items purchased in October.

I have noticed that returns sky rocket from Sept through Jan. This year I had about 10 returns requests from Jan through Sept. (only about 1/2 were actually returned). Hate to say it but pretty common seeing what I sell for low return rates.

My own website I have had 5 returns in 22 years (3 defective items, 1 Karen, 1 not happy with the quality)
Ebay I have had 4 returns in 10 years.

Only on Amazon have customers become so entitled.

1 Like