It's gonna be ANOTHER fun season, right?

Before posting, did you search for your topic or question? Click the magnifying glass icon :mag: at the top of the page.

UGH…she hasn’t left me feedback yet, so I’m passing on sending this screenshot to her. I told her TWICE to go ahead and file an item not received claim and that it’s all automated. I’m irritated with what she wrote to Amazon to justify her claim. So IF I send her the screenshot, to say SEE I told you AMAZON would fund it – not me, she’s the type to leave negative feedback and that opens another can of worms.

Sometimes the best thing one can do is just simply move on.

Unfortunately, Amazon seems to attract these types of buyers.

You did your best … smile and enjoy the rest of the day.

:confused: What an oddly constructed commentary.
It almost sounds like AI.

Hello. The parcel has been lost, but the seller has not solved it. I can’t keep waiting like this. I told the seller that I would not complain if you returned the money for this order. But they won’t handle it, so I have no choice but to directly request here- I hope Amazon can help me solve it perfectly, thank you.

Google translate was my first thought.

3 Likes

I had one a few weeks ago where a customer asked me the size of a book. I explained that it was in FBA, and I had no way of measuring it; but assured them that if it was not what they wanted, they could return it.

Well, they returned it. My “VOC” from them includes “Book is too small. I asked the seller to measure it, but he couldn’t be bothered”. You would think that people ordering books would have at least SOME level of reading comprehension.

I’m worried about what will happen when Amazon decides that they should start using some of these spurious comments against us.

2 Likes

There exists some no little modicum of evidence - from OSFE, NSFE, SAS/SellersAskSellers/BSFE, and related discussion-venue posts alike - that would seem suggestive of the notion that Amazon has used VOTC feedback to throttle various endeavours.

From what I can tell, there would already - while Voice Of The Customer still to this day remains in ‘beta’ status, years after the initiative was launched - appear to be some empirically-reproducible evidence that such is so.

I have no proof, but I also believe that VOC will somehow factor into the product…maybe bumping it down in search results.

2 Likes

They are using those comments against you. Maybe not the actual specific words, but the fact you see a comment in VOC means you got an NCX for it which is factored in when Amazon decides to suspend your listing.

Yeah, I suspect that, despite saying that it doesn’t affect anything, that it really does. It’s really bad for booksellers, as each listing is a unique item; so while I can see some limited use to sellers who see 5% or 10% of their orders getting some sort of feedback, with a book, it’s either all-or-nothing. So everything I have listed is either “Excellent” or “Very Poor”; nothing in between. And most of the “Very Poor” are silly; probably half complain about some wording on the catalog page, which is one on which Amazon is selling the book new; I couldn’t do anything about that if I wanted to (and most of the time, the complaint is silly anyway). But it still counts against me.

3 Likes

Well, at least you can take solace in the fact that if you get a listing suspended for NCX, you probably already sold that unit or you’re only getting stuck with 1 unit.

2 Likes

Yeah, as long as it’s just the listing, doesn’t have much of an effect on me. But I worry that some day, they may decide that “oh, you’ve had 10 customers who couldn’t read “used” vs “new”, so we’re taking away your BB”.
(yes, one of them is a complaint about “This book is obviously used, not new, with creases on the DJ, and writing inside the front cover”, which is almost exactly what I put down in the condition notes)

3 Likes

One issue is the lack of visibility for condition notes makes it one of the most useless features on Amazon. It’s not visible in the buy box (unless you click an easy to miss Details link), and 90% of purchases happen through the buy box, which means the majority of customers never see it.

Add in the fact that sometimes the buy box is awarded to a used listing (at least I think I’ve seen the used option selected by default) and it’s little surprise you get “used as used” complaints.

If they limited the length of condition notes to 100-200 characters and put it in a more visible location it might make the feature more useful.

2 Likes

This is typical of the caring early Christmas Buyer who starts to buy in early October.

Usually generates all of my returns each years.

Since it was an FBA sale, ask for a strike-through, it might be granted even though it shouldn’t be.

1 Like

For books, there are often two BBs, one for New, and one for Used. Sometimes, there is only a New BB, or only a Used BB, but regardless, it’s says “Buy New” or “Buy Used”.
And yes, condition notes don’t show up automatically. You might think that someone who reads books might be more prone to actually read; you’d be incorrect. :wink:

3 Likes

This was not in the “Feedback”; shows only in the VOC ratings along with the return. So no strike-through, and customers (at least for now) don’t see it.

1 Like