Multiple Destinations OPT OUT

Multiple Destinations OPT OUT

"I got an email from amazon who just enrolled me into multiple destination without my consent.

They gave instruction to email them to Opt out.

I emailed them on the 26th of April, it opened a case in my account and to this day no one has replied, but it says 12 hours."

I have never heard of this; anyone else?

There are two separate programs

FBA Inventory Placement Service and FBA Multiple Destinations program

How to opt out:

You can opt out of the program at any time by contacting Selling Partner Support, or by emailing [email protected].

Include your merchant token in the body of the email and state that you want to opt out of Multiple Destinations. Once you opt out, you will no longer be eligible for the fulfillment fee discounts.

If you want to remain enrolled in the program but send your eligible inventory to fewer destinations, you can enroll in the FBA Inventory Placement Service. A per-item fee will apply.

It appears that Amazon is having issues…↓

Multiple destination program Opt Out.

I received that email a long time ago and emailed them to opt out. Same issue you had, no response I opened a case with seller support who had no idea what I was talking about. Copied and pasted the email received as a response and finally reached someone that told me not to worry about it, my opt out was received.

I would copy and paste that email, let them know that you opted out and ask for an update. Most likely you have been opted out already but it wouldn’t hurt to double check.

Good Luck,

TJB

Just to clarify – Medic was posting a problem raised on the Amazon forum (not reporting a problem of their own)

3 Likes

Thanks, bookworm.

@TJB it can be confusing because of the way it’s posted here; this is the format for posting threads that are on the NSFE. Just posting a screenshot is difficult to read, seeing that Amazon has made the font size incredibly small, :face_with_monocle: so we copy and paste the text so we older folks can actually read it. :joy:

Shocker!

It appears to be an invite-only program; no idea why they made it so sellers have to email SS to Opt-out, and tell them they have 12 hours or else, and then of course, no one responds back to them. :person_facepalming:
It could just as easily be a toggle switch under FBA settings.

1 Like

No worries, I was just trying to help. And I am one of those old folks too.

I thought they had done away with that already. For anyone not exposed to it, Amazon was offering lower fulfillment costs if you were willing to send your goods to however many FC’s they decided you should send them to in whatever quantities they asked. They sent me a “sample” of what I would have to do to get the discount. For anyone doing volume, the freight costs on many, many small shipments would eat up any discount you would get on fulfillment. It might work well for some sellers though.

Good Luck,

TJB

1 Like