Network and Phone Outages Nationwide 2/22/2024

Just passing it along, seeing routing errors on most major internet fiber backbones and AT&T and Verizon are also showing to have issues according to DownDetector.com

3 Likes

East coast here-At&t is out, cannot make calls or text. They say dialing or texting 911 for an emergency does work, not going to try that. What sucks is that for the stupid authenticator codes, I can’t get them.

1 Like

Made national news this morning …

Phones seem to be okay here in West Texas … (especially our old faithful copper wire landline)

1 Like

Verizon seems to be fine on east coast. AT&T there are tons of posts about it.

1 Like

I am on Verizon and I am fine and even using my phone Hotspot while I babysit a FiOS install

1 Like

Verizon says they have no outages.

The reports to DownDetector are from Verizon customers who cannot reach equipment served by A T & T.

I have Xfinity Mobile which is on Verizon’s network. No problems with my Internet or phone. Been out this morning bouncing between hotspots with no problem.

Some reductions in incoming SPAM this morning.

2 Likes

AT&T is back up and running.

3 Likes

4611bf0c3c9a5f3445d55f09dd45734e

Verizon Users this morning

4 Likes

Ya but they can only tell everyone while roaming.

2 Likes

The only reason I am on Verizon is the coverage and reliability. I used to flip between AT&T and Verizon. Then I actually had to call 911 for an MVA in the pouring rain. I had to drive 4 miles to get a signal strong enough to make a call. That was the last straw. With Verizon there are dead areas but they can be measured in feet.

5 Likes

Ya in my experience on the West Coast, the opposite is true. For years most of Edwards AFB had one bar if you were lucky and that covered 400 square miles till you made it back into Palmdale. Same with now named Joint Base Lewis-McChord, where verizon service was on par with prayer when it came to getting help in an emergency.

2 Likes

1989 to 2004

1 Like

Mountain ranges are beautiful, and dependable friends to many things upon this mortal coil.

As you - a veteran flier - well know, Line-of-sight propagation ain’t one of them.

Uh no.
I mean cellular phones without a cord.

1 Like

Nothing funnier as a pilot, than to turn to the pilot flying IMC and ask, “what is a mountain goat doing up here?”.

3 Likes

We mean we were in Palmdale during that time …
Those phones were too expensive for us so we were still pager and cb radio to tower patch to phone.

2 Likes

My understanding is that SMS texts and calls should still go through if you’re on WiFi regardless of cellular connection. Were you connected to WiFi this morning?

2 Likes

Correct

iPhones do not have wifi calling enabled by default. Android is hit and miss. I ALWAYS recommend enabling it.

Not all carriers support TXT over Wifi

3 Likes

Interesting.

I do remember enabling the call over WiFi feature on my iPhone a while back

2 Likes
2 Likes