New to me - "Disbursement Attempted"

Prior to this payout, all notifications of payments were simple text emails. Amazon has transitioned this communication to the below with the same basic verbiage. “Disbursement Attempted” is new.

What hasn’t changed is the “Congratulations” - really, really, REALLY stupid and always has been. Did we win a prize? No. Always made me think from the get go that it’s hard to actually get a payout from Amazon…

Well it is “Attempted” because, at the time of the email, you still had not received it so it isn’t “Completed” as of that time.

Of coarse, better wording would be “Deposit Initiated”; however, that might require the person creating the template to have a certain level of English language that presently isn’t available in the email template writing team.

3 Likes

We noticed this in our disbursement email this week as well.

According to disbursement report info there appears to be a delay in the disbursement instructions being communicated to Amazon’s bank.

5 Likes

Welcome @cmk_27 !

6 Likes

Thanks so much! So glad I found this!

6 Likes

Me, too - welcome home!

3 Likes

Maybe I will tell my loan shark that I will “attempt” to pay him back.

3 Likes

It’s like Amazon saying - “We did our part - You’re SOL if you don’t get anything” “We tried”

1 Like

welcome cmk_27 to our happy family.

7 Likes

Welcome, cmk_27!

3 Likes

I noticed this as well. Some sellers mentioned on the NSFE that on their disbursement page it was showing that their Friday payment has not been disbursed (something about some bars).

I was thinking it would take a couple of days to process. Hopefully it’s a Glitch if that’s the case.

1 Like

Yepper, and our friend @Sundance created a related SAS thread today:

1 Like

Welcome to this small bastion of sanity for Amazon sellers!

3 Likes

Sorry to revive and old thread, but I just woke up to this as well. The statement flat file generated without problems, so hopefully this will simply end up being poor verbiage in the disbursement email.

Damn it - can we not run into dumpsters on fire for more than a week straight?

1 Like

Quick update - we got the disbursement late last night just fine. What a stupidly unnecessary way to stress the hell out of me :angry: I wonder if they’ll continue to say “Disbursement attempted” going forward.

1 Like

They sure will. We’ve been getting that message for months. I even started a thread about it…

2 Likes