No longer able to disable automated handling time

Thank you, that’s good! (Almost sounds like you may have had to say that to someone before, so perhaps I’m not alone in this dilemma.) :grin:

It just may work…if I can retain it. That’s the problem. I have these big holes in my head where stuff falls out…

3 Likes

I can now see how the new Transit Time restrictions on Standard shipping has been operationalized… my shipping templates have not been modified at all, but now when I go into Edit mode on any of them this message appears at the bottom of the template:

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I was able to edit a template Sunday evening and did not get this message.
The only problem I see with this, for media sellers, is that once in a while an item will get switched to a different category, such as a craft book becoming an Arts, Crafts and Sewing item, or a fitness DVD being placed under sporting goods. We encounter this infrequently, but it does happen.

2 Likes

It’s said this for awhile…at least I’ve noticed it on the tracking for buyer returns. I don’t think it even means the label is printed. It just means a label was generated in their account (which would obviously be dated at the time they opened the return so returns are auto authorized).

2 Likes

So it basically shows for standard shipping now that it’s 2-4 days.

So should we be changing the template to 5-8 days (so basically it can add in that 5th day)?

1 Like

If you need the 5th day for the region (areas selected), then yes.

2 Likes

If we don’t use all their “services,” but we use Buy Shipping, are we protected for A-Z?

1 Like

As long as you ship on time (get the carrier scan on or before the last ship by date), then yes.

2 Likes

And now I see they’re messing with the Add-a-Product (as they call it) page. I call it the Edit page.

Stuff moved all around again - with no logic to it - and evidently, when you land there, there is no option to use the previous version. I need to explore it further because the Edit page for one book of mine had no field for a Product Description.

I can’t keep up with all this crap.

(If there is a discussion on this somewhere, I’d love a link.)

3 Likes

I don’t see any changes anywhere (unless you count the box telling me to finish my drafts, of which there are none).

Sounds like you’re the guinea pig this time, and it will be a few weeks or more before the rest of us get s*****d over.

3 Likes

Thank goodness for me, it just added a ton of non-required information. It does take a few seconds for every box to populate, so I can move to the next. Once I get the hang of skipping all the stuff I don’t need, I think it will be almost as fast to use for me. Seems to add about a minute per page.

Every time they do stuff like this, my brain screams WHY?! If you have programmers that need something to do, please fix one of the umpteen hundred things that actually need fixing. Sigh…

6 Likes

The question I want to ask any time changes like this are made (and have actually done so, but of course, never answered) is:

What problem is this fixing?

Seriously, if you can’t come up with an answer for that, you shouldn’t be changing anything.

8 Likes

I was thinking about this tonight. I want someone to challenge a mod on the next ask Amazon pr event to get just 1 seller they claim to get feedback from to chime in on the chat. I want to know who they’re supposedly getting seller-level feedback from when making changes. Bc it ain’t any users I know or can imagine. Just dare a mod to produce one. I’d love it.

5 Likes

Several years ago, Susan was challenged in this regard when the Seller Central Home Page was being (poorly) redesigned and forced upon us.

Part of her response - which I obviously saved - was quite irritating to me as I truly doubted its veracity. She knew there was no way we could disprove this:

The old homepage is not going to be restored, and the opinions voiced here do not reflect the majority of sellers’ opinions. Seller feedback is not measured solely through these forums. Seller sentiment is measured through the broader seller ratings and comments left on the cards.

Many of us questioned that “broader seller ratings” bit.

Pure hokum.

6 Likes

Change for the sake of “job security.”

One thing I’ve learned from Amazon over the years is that they can’t leave well enough alone. Every few years SOMETHING has to change!

7 Likes

Exactly. One of the techs that serviced the mainframe at one DC I worked at compared it to something he heard in the military: "If it’s broke, FIX IT. If it ain’t broke, break is so you CAN fix it’

That seems to be the attitude here.

6 Likes

This is the exact exchange I had in mind when posting above. I remember that one as you do. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The cards? Which most sellers ignore? And plenty of sellers only respond positively because they believe Amazon retaliates for honest opinions? Those cards? :unamused:

7 Likes

I’m trying to figure out a way to improve OTDR by looking at each late order in my report. I normally use one of 3 post offices. Turns out only one of them never ever gives me a late delivery. Not sure how they route their mail differently, but I will be using that post office from now on.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m sure it’s coming your way!

And, as someone else mentioned somewhere, now Amazon sends a “Listing Created” email for the slightest of edits.

I suppose that bears watching to make sure they aren’t actually creating a second listing.

How inept can one company be???

2 Likes