Ongoing Urgent Scam!

ONGOING URGENT SCAM!!!

Frivolous IP claim with a seller with PENDING trademark that’s non-approved has just had all my listings removed even though I’m brand registered, handmade and uspto (trademark) registered since 2021! I can’t get anyone from Amazon to respond! To top it all off, the scammer is bold enough to send me this message requesting payment to retract the infringement!!! If this is not a BOLD-FACE SCAM, I don’t know what else’s to think! I have over 15000 units over 7 skus stranded!!! AMAZON PLEASE DO SOMETHING. This is as clear as DAY!!! They are crazy enough to think I’ll be clicking on their links? I guess they feel BOLD because Amazon approved this ridiculousness! I manufacture, label, package and do all my products in-house Right Here in the USA!! I’m shaking right now! Already in the hospital sick as can be and then having to deal with this??? After overworking myself during my last production I just finished 10 days ago!!!

This is the message the OP received, not sure if it was through Buyer-Seller Messaging but it appears so.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 5.01.27 PM

Screenshot 2023-04-15 5.03.15 PM

The OP responded; below contains some info that was in the OP’s message to the seller.

1 Like

Just in case anyone was wondering…(I had to look it up)

1 Like

Wow. Off the bat extortion. $1k for removal. Lawyer up now. That’s an easy case all day to win and go after them for costs.

1 Like

Never heard of it, thanks for the research. Makes me wonder if a USPTO examiner would catch on to that? It seems like it should not be trademark-able since no one can claim first use in the modern world.

1 Like

:rage: :rage: :rage:

4 Likes

And it’s been 11 hours, 3 mods were tagged. So egregious!

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. :thinking:

3 Likes

Someone posted this on the thread:

Which I think the NSFE OP referred to as well. Isn’t there a way to dispute a pending trademark? I know I had to wait a period of time in case anyone disputed mine.

2 Likes

Amazon is a terrible place to rely on. My :heart: goes out to that OP.

3 Likes

Yup, they did a terrible disservice to sellers when they chased most of us away!

2 Likes

Like any of us could help this person. Is what it is. Typical Amazon.

3 Likes

Only 3 responses from Mods in the last 24 hours, and all were related to verification, it’s the weekend, so maybe if the OP is lucky, they may get a response on Tuesday (they haven’t been around much on Mondays either) to please post your case number so we can look into it.

2 Likes

How many Mods are left anyway?

Can’t be too many at this point.

The VTR sausage steamer is not what you think apparently.

2 Likes

The trustees? That’s new for a scammer!

2 Likes

These things terrify me every time they pop up. That poor OP. :confused:

4 Likes

I noticed that too!

Is setting up a trust in the US a tool for foreign businesses?

3 Likes

…trying not to picture that.

4 hours ago someone told them to contact a trademark attorney
No mod intervention at all.
And that poster is correct, no one on THAT forum can help them.
No one at all.

3 Likes

Hi all, thanks so much. I didn’t expect much from the NSFE but was hoping a mod will chime in. The listings were attacked on Friday. (4 listings removed Friday, 6 more on Saturday) 30 minutes ago, 2 listings have been reinstated. 15 minutes ago, 3 more listings taken down.

Keep in mind the Scammer is using the same trademark serial number to delist even non-related Asins and amazon is letting them.

I make all my products, package, label etc all in house. I am brand registered and trademark registered too

4 Likes