Please help!! I Issued full refund but havent received product.

Please help!! I Issued full refund but havent received product

Dear Amazon Sellers,

I am reaching out to you in need of urgent help with a recent transaction on my Amazon seller account. I had sold a product worth almost $2,000, and the customer had received the product without any issue. However, the customer later requested a refund, claiming that he found a better price elsewhere. As a new seller on Amazon, this was my first experience with a refund request, and I was not familiar with the refund process. Unfortunately, I accepted the refund request without fully understanding the consequences, and I fully refunded all the money to the customer, even though the product was received in good condition and no issue was reported.

However, despite my efforts to contact the customer regarding the return of the product, he has not responded to any of my messages on Amazon. I will try to reach the customer via phone, but the Amazon answer machine is requesting a 5-digit code which I do not have. It has now been almost one week, and I am not sure if he will return the product at all. To make matters worse, the customer left a negative comment stating that the product was overpriced and that he was charged $250 to return it. I believe this was due to the product being labeled as Hazmat by Amazon. I did not accept why he paid this amount since he has not send the product to me. I haven’t seen any tracking ID and Amazon representatives said to me that he hasn’t initiated the shipment.

As a drop shipper, I need to refund the product to my supplier as soon as possible to receive the money. However, with no response from the customer, I am left in a difficult situation. I have tried to contact Amazon’s seller representative for help several times, but I have not received any assistance so far. I am upset about this unresolved issue, and it has even made me consider discontinuing my role as a seller.I also like to highlight that I am not eligible to apply Safe-T Claim since I already did the full refund.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What should I do? I am left with no money and no product.

Thank you for any help or advice you can provide. I appreciate your support during this challenging time.

" As a new seller on Amazon, this was my first experience with a refund request, and I was not familiar with the refund process."

Why on earth wouldn’t they read Amazon’s return/refund instructions before doing anything, or if that thought didn’t cross their mind, ask on the forum first, especially with a $2000 order? :dizzy_face:

In this day and age, how can anyone even think that someone is just going to return an item after they’ve already received their refund?

I don’t know how long the OP is going to last; they’re also dropshipping…

3 Likes

As a drop shipper, this is a lesson they learned the hard way.

7 Likes

Why on earth wouldn’t they read Amazon’s return/refund instructions before doing anything, or if that thought didn’t cross their mind, ask on the forum first, especially with a $2000 order?

When I read posts like this, I’m inclined to think it’s just someone posting made up stuff for fun. Do you really think any new (or old) seller would do this? I think I have a statistical mind or something, so I look at the post and wonder…

• How many $2000 items are being offered on Amazon in the first place?
  • Of those, how many are offered by brand new sellers who can afford to pay out of pocket (say $1000) to purchase the product from their drop-shipper?
  • Of those, how many are for branded products that new sellers are allowed to list in the first place?
  • And of those, how many can entice a buyer to spend $2000 on a product offered by someone who’s ‘Just Launched’.

It seems unlikely. We all remember those Venn Diagrams (I just learned today what those are called, thank you Google :laughing: ) from high school math class, where the sections of the different groups that overlaps is really, really small.

Credit to Microsoft for the above image

In this case, our circles would represent -

• Sellers approved to sell branded products in the $2000+ category
  • Just launched sellers
  • Sellers with $1000+ of free cash available

The odds that one who falls into all 3 categories would find his way to the forums to post his sob story seems pretty unlikely.

5 Likes

You make a good point; the email is also well-written (no broken English or spelling errors), so the OP is obviously somewhat educated.

This part doesn’t make sense, although if this post is true, maybe the OP doesn’t know to look under the Manange Return page, and a label was sent to the customer but has not been used (according to SS).

Where did this $250 return shipping charge/deduction come from; wouldn’t the OP have had to know and deducted this amount manually from the refund that he already issued?

1 Like

I don’t think that Amazon will issue return labels for hazmat returns.

1 Like

If it’s hazmat, then a Seller would need to send the customer a return label.
From the statement made by the OP, It’s unclear if it is Hazmat; it sounds like it may just be an assumption; the return/label story doesn’t make sense.

The OP also mentions that the customer may have paid this out of pocket.

@Roxy may be right that this is just a fabricated post.

2 Likes

I just can’t believe the post is true. On top of what was already mentioned, we’d also have to believe that the customer (who just got a $2000 item for free) left a negative feedback.

And… that the seller in question willingly gave $2000 away without a second thought. Even if the buyer was rightfully entitled to it, how many people would rush into parting with that kind of money?

And… the product might be Hazmat? If you add Hazmat to our circle diagram above, you’ve cut the number of sellers that land in all the circles down to near zero.

But… if we entertain the idea that it could be legit, then maybe the $250 is the charge the buyer saw when he went to buy the label? The statement should read - and that he was going to be charged $250 to return it. If Amazon creates these labels, then they show the charge you agree to pay and you have to accept it, like when you buy FBA labels. If Amazon doesn’t create the hazmat labels, then maybe $250 is what UPS quoted the guy or something?

I am upset about this unresolved issue

What unresolved issue? The NSFE seller made a really dumb mistake. That’s not an ‘unresolved issue’.

and it has even made me consider discontinuing my role as a seller.

This is an equally silly statement. It’s as if he thinks his situation is somehow Amazon’s fault and he’s not going to keep selling here if he’s going to be treated so unfairly. Huh?

I also like to highlight that I am not eligible to apply Safe-T Claim since I already did the full refund.

Total ■■■■■■■■ post. No one who knows what a Safe-T Claim is doesn’t know what a refund is.

6 Likes

Good point!!

6 Likes

Well, I found them, and it appears to be true.

The other strange thing is how can their Storefront not have a street address?

Screenshot 2023-04-19 10.08.48 PM

1 Like

There are a few that get away with that, since the business address that is displayed is not verified or linked to returns etc, I’m not shocked. This was a coached drop shipper if they know how to hide business name and address, and either was never taught returns, or didn’t bother to pay attention during that module.

2 Likes

Yep.
Dumb as a fox.

youtube-is-a-lie

#Seller University

3 Likes

This bit argues for genuine ignorance: (and some stupidity)

“We have processed a full refund … To ensure a smooth refunding procedure…”

1 Like

Well, I found them, and it appears to be true.

:woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

I never would have believed it. But still… my skepticism persists. There were a bunch of similar threads a while back, maybe a year or more, from drop-shippers selling scooters (motorized wheelchairs). Do you remember those?

Is that the type of ‘scooter’ this guy is selling, I wonder? Can you see his products?

It’s pretty shocking that customers would make a purchase this big, especially if it’s for an electric wheelchair for a family member, without doing quite a bit of research and making sure they buy from a reputable company. Then again, maybe other shoppers are more trusting than me.

Ya really can’t make some of this stuff up. I’ve seen posts (was a while back) where some one thought they could go on and list things on Amazon for FBA and that was all they had to do. Like Amazon FBA was a drop ship listing company or something and that you just list things and some how they sell and you get money. They literally couldn’t understand why none of their listings were selling, had no clue that they needed to buy the products to send in to FBA.

2 Likes

I remember that one. Took one look at that thread and walked right buy it.

Was that the one with the guy selling barbecue grills? :open_mouth:

That one wasn’t FBA. But it is right up there with the best of the face-palm moments.

But the competition is stiff. There’s the guy who didn’t include the right number of cement bags with his shipment.

The women with the big exercise apparatus and she cannot figure out how she gets Amazon to come to her home, dismantle it (she certainly couldn’t do that herself!), package and ship it.

5 Likes

There’s the guy who didn’t include the right number of cement bags with his shipment.

Oh, right! I forgot about that one. I must have missed the woman and her exercise equipment, that doesn’t ring a bell.

2 Likes

It was several years back – a few forums ago.