Prime Example of the New Thread Design... Food for Thought

The thread has been locked, Here is the final post where the Mod closed it down.

And the New Sellers Group topic that was being discussed Only got a reply after this post and it was mostly links to Amazon stuff including how to write an add campaign. (right get the newbie seller to pay more in PPC because they have shut off the NEW item faucet)

1 Like

Everything may be totally in support of Amazon’s goals, and you may have postulated on of the goals.

3 Likes

So wait, they just made a duplicate thread cause they didn’t get an asnwer?

1 Like

No, This was an issue of SELLC seeing a thread in the New Sellers Group and not being able to answer them because they can’t answer in the new sellers group. So they posted about it in the general forum stirring up comments about why the “new sellers group” is a terrible idea etc.

I and another poster tried tagging the New Seller to get them to come to the General forum and maybe SELLC could share some insight to help but the Mod showed up and said we have answered the poster in the New Sellers Group and shut down the thread in the general forum so I guess no opportunity for the new seller to get other than the post of links that the mods shared.

5 Likes

So Let me get this right. The new seller could not get help, a seasoned seller (I remember SellC, but not personally) tried to help AND a Forum LEADER shut it down?

I just came from a toxic Redit forum (IMO) where I finally PM’ed the poor soul that has clearly lost everything, or is loosing everything, trying to sell $6 items through FBA. I told them to search for this forum. No one will charge, no one will try to sell them anything, they are just long time sellers that want to help.

6 Likes

Mods keep telling EXPERIENCED Sellers that “they can choose to post outside of the New Seller Group”, implying that they think NEW Sellers posting there are making an informed decision.

They need to tell the New Sellers–daily–that they might get more timely, more, and better answers in the wider NSFE.

Or send them here to Sellers Ask Sellers. :smirk:

6 Likes

Not only can the thread not continue to gain replies in support of experienced sellers being able to help the newbs, but it also prevents anyone else from thumbing up replies that already exist including the OP.

Can’t have an active thread getting attention that hurts Katie’s feelings about her forum “utopia”.

3 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

They do not want them to get good advice that doesn’t cost them anything from experienced sellers because they want them to BUY AMAZON services. It’s pretty clear to me - total control without interference. This is the primary reason for the restricted forums - to sell AMZ services that are a waste of money. Once they get them hooked on believing this is the solution, they won’t think about anyone else’s advice because hey - it came from an “official” Amazon rep.

-Ana

2 Likes

Interesting you say that. I was being hounded by a AZ sales person to onboard to whatever they call it when Amazon does FBM customer support.

I said to him;

• My team has an average of 18 years in customer support in our company, yours?
  • I have bought many items through Amazon 90% of my support experience has been bad.
  • We offer replacement parts, and a full warranty will your reps know how to kit and send out replacements.
  • Our mission is to take care of the customer at all expense, and has been for 33 years. While you delight the customer, we take care of them. Can your team do that?

He still persisted.

I sent him links to the NSFE with people complaining about the program. I eluded to the chatter on this forum (it was early in our beta days) about the program.

He finally never called back. I think you are 100% correct.

5 Likes

Yup, they created a sandbox for new sellers so that they can be targeted for stuff like that. It was very obvious when they first rolled it out and the fact that they isolated that group who would not normally know that most of the Amazon “add-on” services are not worth the money and are just profit centers for AMZ.

-Ana

6 Likes

We had a process of trying to help by linking into the original post and tagging the OP which was helping the newbies until this one happened …

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/b13b7a9e-677f-4d4d-9039-59bbd2520570

After that we haven’t tried to do a work around to help either the New Sellers Group or Handmade Group.

2 Likes

Only took them a month to find it. Way to be on the ball guys

2 Likes