Re-verification for C-Corp?

Has anyone completed re-verification for a C-Corp? I have no problems getting a bank statement. The issue is the verification screen wants it to list me as the bank account holder name, not the corporation name. If I don’t confirm the document shows my name, the Submit button is disabled.

We had set up this account as a corporation, and had provided our EIN (and we are brand registered). They do have my name on file, as we had to supply a company representative, but there’s ZERO chance of my name ever making it onto a company bank statement.

1 Like

To expand on this… On the bank account screen, it shows the company name as the Account Holder.

and also on the manage deposit methods screen…

But to upload, it wants my name on the statment…

If I don’t check the box that the name matches, I can’t click the Submit button.

1 Like

When I re-verified (3/21) Amazon was verifying my identity, not the corporation.

The bank account is under the corporation, and my name won’t show anywhere. It doesn’t make sense that the “Bank Account Holder Name” isn’t the same within two different screens in the same area. Way to go Amz!

I’m fine to submit everything, and Amz has my ID from when we first started selling…but I worry we will be denied if I click the box affirming that the bank account lists my name.

Unfortunately, based on reading the NSFE it appears that no one at seller support will understand or correct this issue (big surprise there :smirk:), and the only way to get this fixed is by posting on NSFE and getting a mod to help.

dont-make-me-go-to-that-place-kevin-james

1 Like

Personal (private/your) Bank Account not the Corporate Account. Personally, I bank with Zions, First Interstate, and TD. The company banks with First Nebraska, West Plains, and Wells Fargo.

Amazon is vetting you. They want to know where to send the police if you are breaking the law, and where to send the lawyers if somebody chokes on your product.

I have been thinking about this lately, and for those of us that refuse to onboard to a Forum, the NSFE…

We are Discriminated against!

Many of us refuse, for different reasons so we do not get equal access to help on Amazon?

I have been thinking about this for some time and have been considering an open letter or Op-Ed and posting it here under a new thread.

That is a bit like Amazon Sellers that refuse to open a Seller Account are discriminated against by Amazon.

That’s interesting. On the verify Bank Account screen, it says to receive funds at THIS bank account (company account) you must submit a document that proves owernship of the bank account below (company account). Seems that I should be submitting statements with the account number they’re referencing and the actual owner of the account.

I think at a minimum, the screen is not created for a C Corp. (Although, from looking in the NSFE it’s not created for LLCs or charities either :roll_eyes:) One of the mods said they are re-verifying hundreds of thousands of sellers. Amz knows our business type (from onboarding and our W9). Maybe they could make the screen to match what we’d actually need to verify? I imagine that many brands selling direct on the platform would run into this issue.

I don’t know why Amazon would vet me. I’m just an employee, not the owner. (Amz isn’t our primary source of business.) They aren’t depositing money in my personal checking account. Also, what happens if I leave for a new job? (I’m a 25+ year employee, but come on Amz!)

I’ll do whatever they want…it’s just plain dumb.

2 Likes

KYC and you can’t arrest and charge a corporation with a crime, people are a different beast.

Add a user to the account and elevate their permissions.

Can I transfer my seller account?

Seller accounts generally are not transferable. Seller accounts provide access to the tools and resources that sellers use to list their products and manage their orders. Seller accounts also include account activity history and buyer feedback. Every seller on Amazon must have a seller account and an agreement with Amazon that establishes the terms under which the seller lists and sells their products.

If the ownership of a business changes for any reason, the new owner must establish a new seller account.

If the ownership of a business is not changed, but the individuals responsible for managing the seller account have changed, you can add users to the account. For more information, see Set User Permissions.

The primary account should be the business owner. Everyone should be a secondary user.

Thanks for the information. I’ll have to dig into this, as it will be complex for us.

2 Likes

Please update when you can @QuestMark :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Update… Unfortunately it wasn’t so easy to log a SS ticket. Medic saved the day with a link to the “call me” option. First level support didnt’ know. 2nd level was a US based employee. She said this a known issue. There are thousands of impacted sellers. IT is working on a fix. They have flagged my account, so that we don’t have any acount issues. When the issue is resolved, they’ll reach out to me via the support ticket (which will be left in pending status).

1 Like