Reduced Priority Mail rates

Did you all see this today? Priority mail rates have dropped. Good news for sellers today.

Announced from Pirate Ship too -

4 Likes

I was shipping today with Amazon Buy shipping and ShipStaton, nothing like that was presented as an option.

Same Inflation, creating higher prices as we continue to delight customers on Amazon and beyond.

I was shipping today with Amazon Buy shipping and ShipStaton, nothing like that was presented as an option.

The screengrab was from an Amazon order I shipped within the last half hour, maybe it just changed?

2 Likes

celebrate

and in 3, 2, 1…

How dare that evil genius DeJoy do this!

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 16-39-01 Manage Orders

Yep … we see it on our Amazon Buy Shipping …

In January, they were overcharging USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope by $0.45 at $8.50. We just got the credit back for all of those about a month ago.

Current PM commercial pricing still shows the $8.05 for Flat Rate Envelope. We would hate to get a charge in a couple of months because of this not being the price.

Can anyone find an announcement on USPS of the lowering or promotion of the PM rates?

The only thing we can find is the 1st Class stamps going up.

1 Like

We’ve been using Veeqo to get the lower Priority Mail rates since it also provides the same protections as Amazon Buy Shipping. Veeqo has it’s shortcomings, but for low volume sellers like us the reduced rates have been a game changer.

2 Likes

We’ve been using Veeqo to get the lower Priority Mail rates

I think the price drop today is a reduction on even those rates.

As I understand it, prior to today:
There were two price levels on Amazon - one for regular Buy Shipping users (slightly higher than PirateShip rates) and one for Veeqo users (same as PirateShip rates).

PM rates have gone down on PirateShip, so I assume they have also gone down on Veeqo and now Buy Shipping is offering the same rates as Veeqo.

Can you check your Veeqo rates and confirm?

PM standard-size flat-rate envelope is now priced at $7.60 on both Amazon Buy Shipping and PirateShip. What is the Veeqo price today?

1 Like

Happy to check Veeqo’s rates - as soon as we get an order. :grinning:

Veeqo has been $7.60 for flat rate envelopes, $8.30 for padded flat rate, and $14.00 for Med Flat Rate Boxes for some time. Doubt they’ve lowered those rates but I’ll check as soon as I can.

1 Like

Can anyone see if Small Flat Box has gone down?

1 Like

Yes, we are on the east coast, our day had ended when you posted this.

1 Like

I can connect to ShipStation from home, let me look. Though I prefer the FR envelope, (you can put the box in it.)

… looking…

Amazon is showing me this right now 7:10 EDT

USPS USPS Priority Mail Padded Flat Rate Envelope Wed, May 03 $8.80
USPS USPS Priority Mail® Small Flat Rate Box Thu, May 04 $8.55
USPS USPS Priority Mail Legal Flat Rate Envelope Wed, May 03 $7.90
USPS USPS Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelope Thu, May 04 $7.60
USPS USPS Priority Mail Cubic® Wed, May 03 $7.15
USPS USPS Priority Mail® Thu, May 04 $7.15
USPS USPS Parcel Select Mon, May 08 $6.76
USPS USPS First Class Fri, May 05 $6.07
UPS UPS® Ground Thu, May 04 $5.97

This is for a random order to Ohio, from New Hampshire 14 oz, 3x2x.5 inches …

On ShipStation the FR Small box is showing up as $8.10. Flat rate envelope goes for $7,60 box fits in FR envelope.

We have other tricks too, you can stretch the Padded FR to fit a nice size Box we buy on Amazon. I do it behind my head.

Yankee Frugal, the region not the team.

7 Likes

Yes, we are on the east coast, our day had ended when you posted this.

The PirateShip announcement said the new rates apply to zones 1-4 so consider that too. I ship very few things PM weight-based, but did notice that the Buy Shipping flat-rate rates have now been lowered to match was PirateShip and apparently Veeqo were already offering.

1 Like

Amazon still shows it at 8.55, while PirateShip it at 8.10.

FR Envelopes on Amazon are -

• 7.60 standard size
  • 7.90 legal
  • 8.80 padded (PirateShip is 8.30, so this is still the old price)

Maybe the prices are still rolling out, and haven’t hit the boxes and padded envelope yet?

4 Likes

Just checked Veeqo’s pricing.

Flat rate envelope is still $7.60
Padded Flat Rate envelope has gone up from $8.30 to $8.80
Small Flat Rate box is $8.55. Not sure what it was before.
Medium Flat Rate box has been $14.00 but is now $14.75

The USPS 1096L Priority Mail box also fits nicely in the Flat Rate envelope.

We buy 9x6x3 boxes specifically for the Padded Flat Rate envelopes. Perfect fit.

We have had these lower rates through our Pitney Bowes (SendPro) account since February…

1 Like

We have had these lower rates through our Pitney Bowes (SendPro) account since February…

I think I unwittingly caused confusion when starting this thread, because I was too eager to post my excitement over the lower prices. :laughing:

PirateShip’s announcement today said prices for PM had decreased in zones 1-4. They say “you’ll see these new discounts in zones 1-4 for shipments to/from the lower 48 states”.

I mentioned the part about Buy Shipping showing lower PM FR envelope prices as my own observation. I now believe this is two different, but related, things.

I don’t have any orders to zones 1-4 currently to compare by-weight PM prices, but I assume PirateShip wouldn’t lie to us. :laughing:

Regarding the FR envelope pricing, it seems there have always been two pricing tiers (Commercial Base, and Commercial Plus?) and Veeqo and PirateShip offered us CPlus pricing, while Buy Shipping only offered CBase pricing.

Today, some of that seems to have changed. PirateShip, near as I can tell, is still offering CPlus pricing.

Buy Shipping is now also offering CPlus pricing on the standard and legal FR envelopes, resulting in lower prices than before.

Veeqo seems to have increased some of their PM FR prices from CPlus to CBase. According to @Nigel, the Padded envelope, small and medium FR boxes are now showing CBase pricing, instead of the lower CPlus pricing they had before.

So now, it seems Veeqo users will be paying more for these options, unless this is just an Amazon programming error again and the prices will eventually correct so that everyone is paying the same price, whether they use Veeqo or not.

I would “assume” that whatever change caused PM zone 1-4 rates to drop at PirateShip will also affect Pitney Bowes accounts. It will be interesting to see how our zone 1-4 by-weight rates compare to what they were.

1 Like

And that is why we will track all of the $7.60 PM Flat Rate that we use over the next few weeks (months) just in case there is an adjust charge by Amazon back up to the current $8.05 pricing. We will know our adjustment cost before it happens if it does.

So far, it’s still the same for all zones. Pitney Bowes has usually been pretty good at alerting us of upcoming price changes. I will advise if it changes over the next few weeks. For now, I am happy I can go back to Buy Shipping for Amazon orders in case there is a INR claim.

Since these lower rates have been available through other shipping programs and on eBay for the past few months, I just assumed Amazon was paying those same rates and just not passing their prices onto their sellers… :smirk:

1 Like

Since these lower rates have been available through other shipping programs and on eBay for the past few months, I just assumed Amazon was paying those same rates and just not passing their prices onto their sellers

Agreed. It was weird, and kind of annoying, that PirateShip was cheaper and it was enough cheaper that I usually risked the INR coverage and bought shipping from them, not Amazon, if something had to go priority mail.

There are probably a lot of less experienced sellers who didn’t realize they were overpaying.

Interestingly, PirateShip’s UPS rates seem slightly lower than Amazon’s too, unless there’s a sponsored discount.

OR to MI 10x10x6 box, 2 lbs
UPS Ground: Amazon $11.69 PirateShip $11.42

1 Like