Remember to check your decimal places...

We have an item listed for $125, which is not much above our minimum price. The competition had the item priced at $126.

At some point in the last month they dropped the price to try to get the BB from us. They wanted to sell for $123. Unfortunately, someone didn’t pay enough attention and they repriced it for $12.30.

Not only did Amazon not “low price-bot” this offer, but Amazon has now locked the BB to this price. Even dropping my price to $30 was still high price-botted.

I considered buying the competition’s items for the $12.30 price, but… I wouldn’t be able to sell them! That listing is completely shot because someone didn’t pay attention.

1 Like

I thought this was going to backfire hilariously on your competitor, not backfire tragically on the whole thing.

Can you open a case, for the catalog team to review the listing and manually revert pricing?

4 Likes

Sure I can!
Will it matter? I doubt it. I would think they would only care if the rights holder opened the case, or potentially the competitor who currently still has the low price listed. If I open a case saying that the competition is selling for “too cheap” I suspect they will laugh at me.

What about selling them on other platforms?

6 Likes

Unfortunately we have learned, this is much easier then trying to fix Amazon!

4 Likes

The odds of the other seller actually sending us the item for that price are minimal. The $12.30 would barely cover the shipping, and they have 5 in stock. I assume they will realize the mistake and cancel the order.

If they did ship the item, I could sell it on Wally or ebay, but it is not a high demand item, and even selling it for under what would normally be our cost we could end up sitting on them for a couple years before they moved. We already have a couple in stock that haven’t moved in a couple years.

In the end, not worth bothering with.

4 Likes

Sorry, but this is what instantly popped into my head…

3 Likes