Restock FBA Inventory Calculation

When the waiver first started there was a requirement asking for link to other websites we were selling on, which I didn’t have any, and I didn’t check the requirements later until most our original brand name were changed to Generic, at that point that requirement seems to have been removed, but it was right before the holiday season, I just didn’t want to bother with that, and then there were a lot of people complaining about problems with the brand waiver thing not working correctly, so that didn’t seems like the right time to do it either.

Well, I know excuses, excuses. Mostly I was lazy or don’t have the time/energy to get it done when I had the opportunity.

2 Likes

30 days supply is what I strive for as well but what I’ve been seeing lately is that I need to keep more in stock simply because it’s taking significantly longer for delivery and check in.

Typically in the past it would take about 2 weeks from pickup to check in. Now I’m seeing more like a month. That leaves me with no or very low stock for 2 weeks. I’m going to start sending in larger quantities due to that.

I’m hoping this is a temporary thing with the FC’s, but I’m guessing it’s more a result of reduced head count that is probably permanent.

1 Like

Currently our in stock rate goals are no less than 70 days precisely to account for market penetration - ASV has brought this up multiple times and it makes sense especially for high volume sellers; rank is a combination of inventory FC penetration (availability), indexed kw ranking, advertising and from the customer side, conversion and sell thru (sales velocity). We’ll always be stocked at a minimum of 70 days by the end of the year.

2 Likes