Seller fulfilled orders - cannot contact customer after order is shipped

I used to have those options, on this last one they were greyed out and could not be selected. It looked as if they were showing the same options that are available prior to shipping but only the refund option could be selected.

Perhaps this is a new change rolling out gradually.

2 Likes

We are seeing this on some orders only (where the only option is for courtesy refund)…

On most orders, we can still see the 3 options even after shipping.

Odd…

3 Likes

Just in case anyone else does not see the little mail icon like myself, I have to click on See All Communications with this Buyer. I can already see the message I sent him, but the email address is not visible, once I click on See All Comm it then pops up where I had entered the order no.

3 Likes

So you do not see the envelope icon when you view the message (until after clicking the “See all communication with this buyer”)? The envelope icon shows on all of our emails.
Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 13-23-31 Amazon
When you click on the envelope icon, it shows the customer’s amazon coded email address

2 Likes

Nope, no envelope. I wish I knew how to do screenshots, but dinosaurs will be dinosaurs.

I do have this at the top of the page though :slight_smile:

Welcome to the enhanced Messaging inbox experience! Explore new features to effortlessly manage your messages. To report concerns, click here.

3 Likes

Picture1.png1

3 Likes

Ok … so you are on the new email platform …

What operating system are you using on your computer? (Win 7, Win 8, Win 10, Win 11, iOS)
Or are you on a tablet? (Android, Chrome, Windows, iOS)
Are you using full screen?
What browser do you use?

There has to be a reason specific to your computer or your account. It should show for you.

2 Likes

Windows 10
Edge browser
Full screen on my desk top computer

2 Likes

I misunderstood on the first read - this will only work if you have previously messaged with the buyer.

4 Likes

First, we would try a different browser … Firefox or Chrome as they will update beyond what Edge does with the limitations of Windows 10.

We have a Windows 10 machine but only use it to run engravers as the engravers will not work with Windows 11 (it’s a driver compatibility issue). Windows 10 end of life is this October. More and more programs will begin to have limitations (issues) with that system.

1 Like

This is terrifying. My Windows 10 laptop works just fine. Why should I be forced to trash it and buy new?

3 Likes

We wouldn’t trash it (we have a Windows 10 laptop). But, just like when we had a Windows 7 laptop, the apps and access to things online will become limited as coding changes and requires an update to use the new coding. Our Windows 10 laptop is actually the Windows 7 laptop (just upgraded to Windows 10 when it was offered for free upgrade). However, that laptop can not accept Windows 11 and we need it to be Windows 10 32 bit for the engravers.

We would try either Firefox or Chrome as your browser. They may help you with the online stuff for a while so that you can see and work as the rest of us do.

Our Windows 10 we have set not to receive any more updates and we do not use it online. We are protecting it as it runs just fine right now for what we need it for.

2 Likes

Hmmm… I thought it was October 2025.

3 Likes

You are correct … we jumped a year … our mistake …
:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

@Lost_My_Marbles is so on top of all the things, that they’re already living in 2025! :grin:

4 Likes

Why wait for tomorrow when you can do it today?

?

At our age … what difference does a year make?

4 Likes

Sadly, at my age a year can make a huge difference. A bad year that is.

7 Likes