"Seller Investigators"

Some sales rep from this company talked to my boss and now he’s asking me a bunch of questions about FBA reimbursements and how we track them and how to know when we’re supposed to be receiving them.

I know how to pull up the business report and show the reimbursements we’ve received, but I’ve never really known what else to do with this information.

I’m never good with giving outsiders access to our account, but do they actually do what they say? How? Is this something I can just do myself?

3 Likes

Tell your boss that the few dollars here and there they may be able to get your company isn’t worth the massive risk of handing over any kind of access to someone you don’t know or trust.

Companies like this have no vested interest in your business and may present just about anything, including fake documents or other rule bending / breaking things to show their worth.

Let the automated systems do what they do, fight legitimate shortages in receipts, and call it a day.

Your boss obviously doesn’t understand what Amazon is all about and how NOT seller focused this marketplace is.

Bottom line - Don’t Do It!

6 Likes

Be careful using companies like that, I have seen threads where sellers were suspended when one of those companies put in for too many false reimbursements.

6 Likes

This too! :arrow_heading_up:

5 Likes

So if I were to take something tangible back to him, a better policy for us would be to have better records for what we send in, right? Like photos or something?

Our warehouse isn’t exactly infallible.

4 Likes

Yes! Better records, photos (if you often run into issues) and a strict cadence of reconciliation that your team follows (once per week / once every other week) - where you are babysitting Amazon and running the Inventory reports that find the real truth.

Many of Amazon’s inventory / shipment screens SUCK for accuracy in terms of where all the inventory is at any given time.

If your company wants more problems, instead of less, I would advise against Seller Investigators or any company claiming to be able to pester Amazon into handing over $.

Feels like those days are over. Reimbursements started getting much harder to get about 18 months ago unless it’s cut and dry. Even then, many reported rejections.

You don’t want to poke the beast unless you have to. A company like Seller Investigators will poke at single unit issues. I’m not saying Amazon should be allowed to steal but there’s a pretty good chance that inventory that goes missing will turn up eventually.

The other thing to make sure that happens, as well as avoiding other issues is to ALWAYS use an FNSKU over a manufacturer bar code. Yes, that’s labor and cost but it’s still best practice for a variety of valid reasons.

4 Likes