Sharp rise in customers asking for help with orders they placed from other sellers

We have always had a steady stream of buyers asking for help with an order they placed through other sellers, usually because we have the BB and the buyer doesn’t realize what that is or how it works, or occasionally because they ordered multiple items from multiple sellers in one order and get confused.

However, in the past week or so, we have received several times the usual volume of these inquiries. Where I would normally see 1-3 in a week, in the past 8 days I have received 16 messages from buyers who bought items from other sellers.

Is anyone else seeing this, or am I just a magnet for confused people?

2 Likes

indeed

1 Like

There are fewer sellers for some items, more sellers on vacation and plenty of problems.

Add to that people are more concerned about their money and their purchases as cash is scarer.

Seems like what you see is what one would expect from a perfect storm.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a slight uptick as well - not as steep as yours. I just send them the same template outlining how to see which seller they bough from. Takes only a few secs.

2 Likes

Nothing to see here but we are the only sellers of our products so there’s that…

1 Like