Shipping integration question

This may be an incredibly simple question…

On Amazon I use my accounts and buy shipping, it’s very straight forward.

On the other platforms I manually do the labels on FedEx and UPS. This is a lot of tedious, stupid work, many times repetitive

What is the best software where I can use my negotiated rates with FedEx and UPS, and have the software do the labels? Mostly for eBay, Walmart and Shopify.

From what I’m reading, Shipstation might be a good option. Is that the case?

3 Likes

If all you want is shipping integration in one place, Shipstation is fine. I don’t like it personally, mostly because it’s just not very user-friendly. The interface has always struck me as a mess.

I have all my shipping integrated through my inventory management software. Everything from creating and checking in PO’s to brick and mortar sales to buying shipping for ecom sales in one place. I would never go back.

4 Likes

Thanks!

I just want to simplify the online part, excluding Amazon. Buy shipping and bulk shipping work fine for us, no need to pay for extra services.
For the B&M/regular sales we have the accounts with several carriers plus unishippers. We only handle 2-3 LTLs a day, so that volume is not too problematic, it doesn’t take me more than 20-30 mins a day to compare those rates. Most of the time I can check those at night and have them ready for the next day.

The eBay, Walmart, Shopify volume (I’ve given up on Sears :joy:, and Newegg is the most stupid platform to onboard I’ve ever seen) would put us in the silver/gold level in Shipstation, so it’s not a huge volume, but it’s mostly done just by me, and I try to compare both FedEx and UPS rates. If I can have it automatized for $30-60/month while keeping my rates, I’ll be very happy.

4 Likes

We use shipstarion for everything. I personally have no complaints.

4 Likes

Veeqo obviously!! :grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

I was studying it, Veeqo is free, but doesn’t let me use my negotiated rates. Correct?

1 Like

Pretty much and it’s Amazon anyway, so there is that whole thing.

2 Likes

@Old-Timer has been analyzing Veeqo quite closely, if you have questions.

3 Likes

Thanks!
I just downloaded the free trial of ship station and got to run one Walmart and one eBay already. Did one FedEx and one ups. It’s working decently. Need to familiarize myself with it now.

5 Likes

I have been very happy with ShipWorks. The brother/sister of Shipstation. ShipWorks does have a $49 version that works well. But I do not confirm orders via ShipWorks for Amazon. I only use ShipWorks to print my Amazon packing slips.

Veeqo has too many issues still. I only use Veeqo for Amazon shipments.

You can add your negotiated rates to Veeqo now. I added my FedEx account but it still shows incorrectly on Amazon orders just like Buy Shipping. Same glitch showing about $1 higher than my rates.

I like ShipWorks because it feels like a program and not an online web page.

3 Likes

I agree with @Old-Timer

I have been using Veeqo for 2 months. They got my return address wrong and when I corrected it on day 2 I haven’t been able to print a scan form since then.
They are telling me it’s a high priority bug for them (but bugs are low priority).
Can’t ship to PR they seem to think it’s a different country.

It’s decent because it’s faster than the Amazon buy shipping on site, but it is buggy. I constantly have to refresh, reload, close down the browser and start over.

The only reason I use it is because I got sick of INR scams from drop shippers.

3 Likes

Veeqo does offer the $8.30 rate for USPS Flat Rate Padded Envelopes. Maybe some extra UPS discounts.

2 Likes

If you have specific questions about SS let me know. We do almost everything through it. Import orders, export orders, create pick lists, product dimension database, scan to print labels, etc etc

SS is the only reason we have been able to last this long using software coded in 1990 using FOXPRO

4 Likes

Appreciate it.
So far it’s been working well.
I’ve done the orders of the afternoon and it’s been pretty smooth sailing!
I’m sure there’ll be questions, so I’ll hold you to the offer!:wink:

3 Likes

I am very low volume at this point, and PirateShip has been working great for me

I have also used ship station (works well) and stamps (ugh)

Please tell me where to send my therapy bill! I never coded but had to troubleshoot many a foxpro install back in the day.

2 Likes

They cannot use FedEx DocTab labels. If this has changed, please let me know.

To my knowledge, shipstation cannot custom print the DocTab section on our labels.
This was the initial reason we choose ShipWorks over Shipstation years ago.

ShipWorks employees created custom templates (free) which print on the DocTabs.

3 Likes

I knew it’d happen! (I had hope I would be able to delay questions for at least 24 h)
I’m getting this error with eBay, it had worked fine yesterday

When I check the list of errors, 520 is not listed, and when I check google is an error more associated with Walmart.
I’ve connected/disconnected eBay couple of times, but I keep getting it :frowning_face:

ETA,
Fixed it by login in and out of both again. It must have needed it for me to reboot both 5 times, 4 wasn’t the right amount of numbers, 5 was…

3 Likes

I have not seen this myself. However, I will say that from time to time shipstation will “go down”. So I am not sure if this is an issue with the ebay API link or just the fact that SS was acting wonky.

3 Likes

:wink: But I thought…

20230224_144637

4 Likes

YES!!!
I’m a firm believe that there’s a MP for every scenario in life

2 Likes