Special Amazon manager?

So one seller said they will get a special manager in 2024 against malicious competitors in their bio
is that a thing? also how come this seller who has committed thousands of violations gets a manager and most sellers don’t? (assuming he has one)
do large revenue accounts get special treatment?

1 Like

Where did you see this?

Remember just because someone says something doesn’t mean it’s reality. A former OSFE poster said they were the most loved and highest poster, yet math proved them wrong (and then they were banned for life)

2 Likes

They could be referring to a Strategic Account Manager which is a paid service available to larger accounts. However, this is a legitimate Amazon service designed to help sellers protect their accounts and grow their businesses. These managers/representatives should be helping a seller attack other sellers or take any other prohibited actions, and they can only help sellers who have the documentation proving they own their IP, etc.

2 Likes

just in his bio, I never heard of that, but he is a high volume seller so thought it might be something for high volume sellers

1 Like

If they feel like they have to publish this, I question it.

Most likely @maintak is right

2 Likes

aaaa ok
have anyone used it before? is it usefull?

That’s not how SAS markets itself

4 Likes

Our fellow SAS/BSFE members @ASV_Vites & @casbboy are presently enrolled in the Strategic Account Services Core Program, and have opined on it in several SAS threads.

3 Likes

I was invited to the program but declined.

2 Likes

Note that both of them are quitting the program, partly due to not getting good value for their money.

4 Likes

probably just trying to intimadate seller honestly

3 Likes

Hi @Thethe do you mean their forum profile bio, or their Seller Profile on Amazon, that Buyers can see? :thinking:

I was also invited–very early in my Amazon career–and also declined. After looking into the program, I could see that I wasn’t really the droid (account) they were looking for, and I suspected that I just somehow tripped an alert because I had an actual off-Amazon brand. I think I posted about it on OSFE, and the responses were not encouraging.

5 or 6 years later, I do not regret declining.

3 Likes

seller profile, seems like its a horrible service either way lol

1 Like

Seems like a horrible place to “advertise” that you are going to do it, lol.

Someone who needs to tell others everything like that user need help.

2 Likes

The service isn’t horrible, it’s just expensive and only good for certain things, which at least for my business would not have justified the cost. Other sellers have used it successfully and gotten their money’s worth from it, though now that certain issues have been resolved they may no longer need the service.

2 Likes

That is truly a bizarre flex in that space.

But hey, here’s hoping that whatever Amazon “special manager in 2024 against malicious competitors” they get, black hat sellers are actually stopped and held accountable. :beers:

2 Likes

SAS. You get invited, it’s expensive, and they try to make it clear that you aren’t supposed to make more revenue by using SAS. And, at least in that, Amazon is honest.

Really, it’s just $1600/mo so you can at least hear a human voice. That’s it.

2 Likes

The whole “invited” thing is just a sham sales tactic IMO.

It’s like the mailers you get that “you been selected” to get some kind of special discount. Guess everybody’s special.

I’m going to assume that anybody who goes there and clicks the contact button will get a response that Amazon’s happy to take their money. I saw a waitlist mentioned on NSFE, but that could be another sales tactic.

Luxury brands do this too, where they make certain products available only to customers who’ve already spent a ton amount of money. Artificial scarcity.

When you sell something that’s ridiculously overpriced you need to make people feel special.

2 Likes

Yep! I wasn’t invited, I just reached out and was put on the waitlist. When my time came i was more amped on the idea just because there was a wait.

Psyop by Amazon.

Edit: My previous post I said I was invited, that is incorrect. I heard about it from Amazon, and later reached out about joining it.

3 Likes

Same here, no invite here. This was self-inflicted… LOL

Still don’t regret it but that doesn’t mean we will be continuing beyond the next couple months while we wrap up things that a seller would need SAS for…

1 Like