Store names now available on the NSFE

If you have a profile on the NSFE, your store name is now public. No, there is no way to turn this off or change it.

This is an FYI.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this in the open forum. I tend to forget where I post things sometimes is not viewable to all.

I’m still pissed about it, since it shows accounts I have, or have had, access to through User Permissions.

1 Like

So if there is a class action, and we hope no one suffers because of the doxing, but if it happens, do we have enough I told you so proof which amazon cannot deny?

2 Likes

Paging @Chimanimani and @Pepper_Thine_Angus :eyes:

3 Likes

We all knew the day would come, since the fall announcement. Even though, we used our corporation as our forum name and store name, this is different. It is an invitation to abuse and possibly terrorize a seller you may have a beef with on the forums.

Now it takes only ONE click.

For me, they would have to take some time to gather information. Now anyone that wants to send you death threats, maggots, cockroaches, spiders, dead infant pigs, etc., is only one click away.

I went here incognito, last week after looking to see why they were not stopping the spam. I also noted this “rule” in the guidelines

Seller Forums Guidelines

• For your safety, please do not include personal information such as phone numbers, e-mail addresses, personal addresses,…

Now this was edited last on March 2nd. I could have sworn, that it only said “addresses” at that time. I could be wrong.

3 Likes

Would anyone please mind checking Roxy, Tony and my old username to see what it shows? Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Interesting question, since we refuse to onboard, we can not see what may be exposed.

We do know our IP, that we were told in Handmade was Closed and Locked, has been exposed to the search engines.

I do expect though those that were “banned” are the most likely to have the issue you are concerned about.

3 Likes

BTW my nsfe user id is currently doxxed - it has my store name and I haven’t recently changed the username.

Old account is safe.

Amazon will always play dumb

and you got a LIST!

2 Likes

No business names are displayed on this profile because it has not moved to the new Seller Forums or has been marked inactive.

6 Likes

Clicking View Store Names link pulls up this box. Not a hyperlink… yet. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Mucho gracias! I figured, but you never know with Amazon.

4 Likes

It would appear the Store names have been removed, it may just be a temporary system issue/setback.

It’s probably a demo feature that got set live by accident, but knowing it’s coming has prompted me to take a full retreat.

4 Likes

They have probably realized they didn’t go far enough. They are now adding your home address next to your store name and your work schedule.

3 Likes

…plus a list of allergies and your three biggest fears…

2 Likes

Here is what is in “store” for those on the NSFE.

Not hard at all to find the Store, Business Name, Address, Contact Info.

2 Likes

Why is Amazon posting a “how to”? :flushed:

I did - Not them