🍩 The BEST day: National Donut Day!

Some general musings on donuts (and I certainly approve of the concept of Donut Day!)

It seems that the nutrition experts, while they cannot agree on much of anything else, will at least all agree that donuts are bad. Very very bad.

I am always disappointed by donuts. They are very good indeed, but for some reason I seem to always remember them as being better than they are. I over-expect.

The exception being the chocolate covered donuts just as they are coming off the production line at Krispy Kreme.

It’s a good thing we don’t have one in this town.

6 Likes

None in my town either, also a good thing. The grocery store has them but they just aren’t fresh enough.

4 Likes

My favorite place in the whole wide world for donuts here in NE Ohio…and best part is that it is only a mile from my office :heart: :heart: :heart:

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Papy!

4 Likes

Wishing you a very happy birthday!
Enjoy the week!

3 Likes

Are there 7-Elevens still extant? We travel a book-scouting trail from Tucson to New Mexico to Denver-never see one! Plenty of Q-T’s though-they’re usually very fancy(scads of merchandise) w/ clean bathrooms.

This trip, we bought CC’s at a King Soopers(Kroger) in CO- THEY WERE STALE! Only 2 days old-supposedly. Ate 'em anyway. When you mouth is ready for a doughnut, ya gotta have one…

As for getting older, better than the alternative-at least so far.
Happy birthday, papy. You’ve always been so helpful to this often confused/indignant seller. :birthday: :cupcake: :doughnut:

7 Likes

In some areas (like ours), the stores have been rebranded to the name Alon. Alon Brands owns FINA gas stations that were paired with 7 Eleven stores. Alon Brands decided to change the store names to Alon thus giving up their franchise on their stores as being 7 Eleven.

Because 7 Eleven operates as a franchise, it is possible to see them disappear in some areas while being strong in another.

4 Likes

I have a Homer Simpson doughnut pool float, that counts, right???

10 Likes

Grateful every day! :pray::doughnut:

2 Likes