The Dangling Carrot

When Amazon dangles the carrot, a fish is caught.

Here is a person excited, worried and somewhat confused as to how a business works (especially on Amazon).

We read it a few times trying to figure out how to answer without getting into writing a tutorial book.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

We read it a few times trying to figure out how to answer without getting into writing a tutorial book

I think you could simplify it for them…

The question to ask is - are you getting anything of “value” that is worth the same, or more than, your advertising fees?

If yes, continue. If no, stop.

There may (or may not), be value in exposure for either the product, or yourself. There may (or may not) be value in establishing a selling history on Amazon. These are the things you need to understand, and make business decisions about. There is no one size fits all answer.
'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That should at least give them a clue, although…
“advertising is costing me more than double of my sales”

Maybe not. :thinking:

4 Likes

We were going to answer all the way up to when we read that last line. Once they said unregistered and Generic, we thought … even if they were coached on the advertising, the potential of a hijacking, a listing flooded with low ball offers or other Amazon perils might cause them to “loose everything”. That’s a scary ledge to be sitting on.

With that said … your answer is probably the best for this one. Mind if we offer it to them? (borrow it).

2 Likes