UPDATE TUES - Need some prayers and happy thoughts

Wife’s sister had the “Widow Maker” yesterday. Flown from Oneida, TN to UT Med. Center, had surgery and is in the ICU. Stayed all night.

Not ignoring if I’m tagged, but not online much.

Thanks!
Rob

(I’ll catch up sometime)

9 Likes

Sending positive vibes. That’s scary. Had an Uncle pass,away the night before his scheduled surgery. He ate dinner with the entire family and as my Aunt was putting the dirty dishes in the sink when everyone left, she found him slumped over on the table. She’s in the right place hopefully getting great care!

3 Likes

Really sorry to hear.
Certainly in our thoughts.
Be well and safe

2 Likes

I hope she recovers completely. (I’m pretty sure religious comments are restricted on these forums but know that I did actually really pray for you all)

5 Likes

Good question.
We want to avoid politics, theology, and any type of controversial topic that is not conductive to us working together and later on to having the forum running.

Wishing well to a fellow member, and telling them that we will pray for them is perfectly within our current guidelines :wink:

10 Likes

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: This :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

Don’t worry @Nutty_Nuisance your good!

7 Likes

So sorry to hear, Rob. Best wishes for her!

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. 2023 sucks.

Praying she makes a miraculous recovery. :pray:

Steve

7 Likes

Sending more prayers your way.

4 Likes

Peace to you and your family Rob.

Prayers and love in your direction. I have been there personally and came back. Something I could never say in the “other” forum.

Following surgery I was not revived for 6 days. When I did come to, I started to tap out my message to my life partner. No one got it but her. She sent them to get a Morse code book.

Things happen for a reason.

All I can say is it, the other side, is warm and loving, just like this side.

Godspeed on her recovery.

10 Likes

@oneida_books you know where I am, if I can help. :pray:

6 Likes

The first good sign is that her doctors decided she is worth risking surgery.

There was a decision that had to be made when I had my heart attacks. I has two silent attacks and they did a triple CABG on me while the hospital was in its early covid panic.

Turns out they made the right choice, my heart now functions normally. Wish they could do a brain bypass.

Were I the praying sort of person, I would, but I am not, so I will attempt to exude positive energy.

5 Likes

I am hoping it is good news when you do!

5 Likes

She’s in great hands. Wish a speedy and full recovery for her. :orange_heart:

5 Likes

prayers and happy thoughts

You got em, I wish you didn’t need em.

8 Likes

Sending up some good vibes @oneida_books

6 Likes

I hope she is able to make a full recovery. Your family are in my prayers. 2023 is getting off to a horrendous start.

6 Likes

Thanks everyone.

So she was put on a pump and was stable, but critical Sat-Sun morning.

Very little change or improvement before I left the wife to come back to take care of the grands and get them to school today.

Her son made it in last night, and 3 brothers. Half brother gets in sometime soon.

Overnight they kept turning down the pump and just now they notified the family that they are taking her in to surgery to take the pump off/out. Praying her heart stays strong enough to keep it out.

15 Likes

You were actually the first person I thought of, and thanks.

3 Likes

Tell me about it. I buried 2 of my dogs Jan 1st and a week later :frowning: 2023 sucks. (so does having a half dozen senior dogs)

5 Likes