What is 'Customer Option'?

This is a screen shot from my Pending Orders. Never seen the ‘Customer Option’ column there before. Anyone know what it is?

1 Like

Ooooh, maybe they’re finally adding a spot for customizations… one could only hope.

2 Likes

On mine, that’s the shipping info:
Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 5.26.12 PM

2 Likes

My screen shot is from the Pending Orders. Do you see dates when an order is in pending? The whole ‘Customer Option’ column is new for Pending, at least I’ve never seen it before.

Am I just now getting some new ‘feature’? (that I don’t want and which won’t work right…) :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I missed that - I don’t have any pending right now so can’t look.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I missed that

I went back and added clarity to my post. :grin:

2 Likes

To my knowledge, Customer Option is the Shipping Option for the particular order.

To my understanding, the column is showing the shipping option selected or expected by the buyer.
Some shipping templates may permit the buyer/customer to select their shipping option, aka Customer Option.

2 Likes

To my knowledge, Customer Option is the Shipping Option for the particular order.

Yes, but it’s showing up under Pending orders. Do you see a Customer Option column in your pending orders? I never have before. At least I never noticed it until today. Hard to imagine I could have overlooked it for 15 years, but I guess you never know. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, under all 4 tabs

1 Like

I have that heading also on my Pending orders, but there is nothing in the orders, it’s all blank.

No idea if it’s new or not. I wouldn’t have noticed it at all had you not mentioned it.

2 Likes

If it is a field showing the buyer customization selection, it would be helpful in preparing an order while in pending but then again it might sit weeks only to then be cancelled.

2 Likes

The customization spot is shown after the order has been confirmed and is no longer pending. The customization details provided by the buyer are not shown during Pending status.

Example image of Customization Spot within an order.

customizations

The Customer Option the OP is referencing is shown below and is more about the shipping method for the order.

2 Likes

I was merely hoping that they were finally getting around to having the customizations be their own field.

My response was sarcasm but I forgot the font.

3 Likes

I finally have a pending - mine looks like yours @Roxy - blank right now.

1 Like